Commons:Categories for discussion/Current requests/2009/07/Category:Young people by Russia
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
This discussion of one or several categories is now closed. Please do not make any edits to this archive.
If the category persists, it must be renamed to Category:Young people of Russia.
But do we need this category? Who is young? And we already have Category:Girls of Russia etc.
- Indeed, we have already boys, children and girls per country. And what makes "young people" different ? What is the definition of "young" ; all ages between children and 25 year ? --Foroa (talk) 05:54, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- "Young people in Russia" might be better than "Young people of Russia" because the location of the photograph is easier to know than the actual nationality of the depicted people. (American tourists in front of a Russian tourist spot in Moscow can be "young people in Russia", even if the photographer didn't ask them to show their passport). Teofilo (talk) 09:42, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- We already have Category:Young women by country and I think a similar "by country" subcategorization would be a convenient way to diffuse overcrowded Category:Young men too. The "young people" categories should be used as
- 1) supercategories for "young men" and "youg women" subcategories
- 2) a categorization of pictures showing groups of young men and young women together.
- Teofilo (talk) 09:52, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- Before I had read the remarks to this category, I had tried to sort the Category:People by age (also the associated Files). There had been many double relations in the files and especially in the categories. I mean, the Category:Young people by Russia should remain, but in assimilation to the categories of other countries and age classes it should be called Category:Young people in Russia. --R. Engelhardt (talk) 20:55, 24 July 2009 (UTC)