Commons:Equestrian Statues image database
Outline for a Commons' Equestrian Statues image database (draft)
- Make the Commons collection of images of equestrian statues accessible
- Make visible comparison of different statues possible
- Allow to search these by various criteria related to the statue, its accessories, and, especially, the photos.
- Integrate Wikipedia lists of statues and prepare for future Wikidata features
Why equestrian statues?
- The number of statues isn't infinite.
- Photos are fairly frequent
- Wikipedia provides lists of statues
(Please add: we can evaluate later what can be done or later more may be possible)
Main provider for this information might be Wikipedia/Wikidata.
- Year created → Category:Equestrian statues by year
- Replica of ?/replicas at?/Cast for?/Model for?
- Gender of rider → Category:Equestrian statues by gender of rider
- Name of rider
- Other elements of the statue
Location of statue
Coordinates should be providing this. Possibly on Wikidata directly
- Country → Category:Equestrian statues by country
- Monument it may be part of
- Year installed
Main information to be provided by Commons. Initially this can be done through categories or search. Later maybe through Wikidata.
- Year taken
- Position of viewer in relation to statue (horizontal/vertical)
- Part of image covered by statue
- detail view?
- Additional elements in the image
- Identify each statue with images available
- Identify criteria to determine the way the statues is represented in photos
- Build categories for primary criteria:
- Make a category for each statue → Category:Equestrian statues by name
- Identify criteria for search
- Create categories for criteria
- Categorize images
- Build a GUI for search