Equipment exchange is a forum where media contributors to Wikimedia Foundation projects can request, donate, sell, or barter equipment for the production of free content, including camera equipment, computer equipment, art supplies, and software. Equipment is not restricted to be solely or indefinitely used for free content production, but this should be one of its major uses. List items with one of the following prefixes:
- WTB: A request for an item needed to produce free content.
- Donation: An item being offered for free.
- For sale: An item being sold at reduced cost compared to general market prices.
- Volts/Hz: Some cameras may have adapters that will work in any country. Enter this in first post to save queries on it.
Offers should describe the purpose that the equipment will be used for, and any current equipment the offerer has. Offers may offer a lower amount, or offer another item in trade. Donators/sellers may review the contribution history of offerers to select an offer.
Exchange of payment information (e.g. Paypal account names) or mailing addresses should proceed through the Special:Emailuser function. For this reason you should have an e-mail configured in your user preferences. If you don't wish to reveal your e-mail, consider creating a temporary account at a free e-mail provider. All exchanges are at own risk and Wikimedia Commons receives no portion of proceeds and provides no protection from malicious parties or management of disputes.
There is a Grants Proposal (relevant to this page) to fund cameras for Commons photographers here.
- WB: I shoot a lot of basketball games for wikipedia. Sometimes I do so from the upper levels near where the television cameras are and other times I am right on the baseline. I need a better lens for baseline situations. I would be able to shoot basketball for wikipedia better if I could afford the Canon EF 24–70 mm f/2.8L II or EF 24–70 mm f/2.8L lens.--TonyTheTiger (talk) 21:37, 13 July 2014 (UTC)