Commons:Featured picture candidates/Set/The Early Poems of Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Voting period is over. Please don't add any new votes. Voting period ends on 30 Nov 2012 at 07:23:35 (UTC)
This is a complete set of illustrations by W. E. F. Britten for the book, "The Early Poems of Alfred, Lord Tennyson". I realise set nominations likely haven't been used for a while, but they still have their own section in the rules, and I checked on the talk page, so I'm going to presume this is fine.
That said, there's no actual templates for a set nomination, so feel free to tweak this page.
Anyway, these are photogravures; the slight grey cast is entirely part of the artistic medium, and the contrast with the paper is what identifies them as such (so please don't cut the border; I know people always want to, but it's really never a good idea for historical works). This is also from a slightly unusual artistic movement, the Arts and Crafts movement, which emphasised relative simplicity. Adam Cuerden (talk) 07:32, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Info created by W.E.F. Britten - restored, uploaded and nominated by Adam Cuerden -- Adam Cuerden (talk) 07:23, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support -- Adam Cuerden (talk) 07:23, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support Great! Yann (talk) 08:35, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support Excellent work. King of ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ 17:41, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support After careful scrutiny of all drawings in full res (took some time to download and inspect) I must say I am impressed by the artistic and technical quality of the drawings. I have not found anything to complain about in any of the drawings. The image pages are excellent too with many relevant details and additional source material. Simply excellent! --Slaunger (talk) 20:35, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support JKadavoor Jee 04:41, 22 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support --Stas1995 (talk) 16:38, 22 November 2012 (UTC)
- Support Nice work! Michael Barera (talk) 20:53, 23 November 2012 (UTC)