The GLAMwiki toolset project is a collaboration between Wikimedia Nederland, Wikimedia UK, Wikimedia France, Wikimedia CH (Switzerland) and Europeana. The goal of the project is to provide a set of tools to make batch uploads of GLAM content in Wikimedia Commons as easy as possible. The additional tools have to make sure that re-use can easily be tracked; and that Commons materials can easily be integrated back into the collection of the original GLAM or even other GLAMs.
This needs your input
|The following items are currently important and looking for your feedback:
We are researching what GLAMs are looking for in statistics about their collection on Wikipedia:
Project setup and members 
Europeana created a team of developers and metadata expert to work on this project. The project is run using a scrum setup with sprints of three weeks. We are using an Assembla space to manage this project.
Below is a list of project members who are also active on Wikimedia projects.
- David Haskiya as project lead
- Dan Entous as senior developer
- Maarten Zeinstra as senior developer/analyst
Goal 1: GLAM Upload System 
Content uploading from GLAMs to Wikimedia is currently a manual, tedious and difficult process. To assist and encourage GLAMs to share content with Wikimedia Commons an upload system will be developed that will:
- Support the major metadata standards and their mappings to Wikimedia Commons templates
- Allow user friendly creation of mappings between GLAM metadata templates to Wikimedia Commons templates
- Allow user friendly creation of partnership templates for proper attribution
- Allow GLAMs uploading content to Wikimedia Commons to preview them prior to final upload and publication
- Allow Europeana data providers to cross-publish their (Open) content to both Europeana and Wikimedia Commons
- Have a plug-in architecture allowing third-party developers to create provider API and format specific plug-ins or plug-ins for specific processes e.g. public domain checking or file transformation
- Allow for batch export and download of specific GLAM-collections from Wikimedia Commons with metadata output in standard GLAM metadata formats
- Be able to monitor updates and changes in the uploaded content and metadata and download the changes for re-integration at source
- Have the necessary hooks to communicate with the MediaWiki backend for usage statistics/data analytics
- The system web pages will contain clear attribution to Europeana
- The project aims to conform to the best practices and standards for development of MediaWiki as defined by the Wikimedia community
GWToolset Website 
Technical Architecture 
Code Repositories 
Goal 2: Report on requirements for usage and re-usage statistics for GLAM content 
Existing tools for GLAM metrics and statistics don’t fulfil all the needs for metrics from GLAMs. As part of this project a full report will be written on GLAM needs of usage statistics and the desired tool support for those needs.
The research for this report includes:
- Interviews Curators and collection managers to form the basis of business requirements
- Interviews Wikipedians who have liaised with GLAMs to form the basis of business requirements
- Interviews the Wikimedia Foundation Data Analytics team to get a technical understanding of the affordances offered by the statistics back-end
- Evaluates existing tools for statistics.
- Developing a mock-up prototype of a GLAM usage statistics dashboard
A sprint is the basic unit of development in Scrum. Sprints last between one week and one month, and are a "timeboxed" (i.e. restricted to a specific duration) effort of a constant length. In this project we choose for a duration of three weeks.
- Sprint 1 Report ( 2012 September 1 - 2012 September 24 )
Attendees of GLAMcamp Amsterdam were asked to give feedback on the project.
A video of a presentation given on the project at GLAMcamp Amsterdam.
A talk was given on the project at Wikimania 2012.
Community Outreach Plan 
We need support and feedback from Wikimedians and GLAMs to make the GLAM Wiki Toolset a success.
Please take a look at our GLAM Wiki Toolset Outreach Page.
Please contact us if you have any remarks or questions via the discussion page: GLAM Wiki Toolset Discussion Page
Or go to our feedback form and leave a note.
The mailingslist about this project can be found here
- See also this initiative