Commons:Picture of the Year/2011/Policies
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Thanks for your participation! The 2011 winners have been announced!
These policies were determined by the POTY 2011 committee and should not be modified without committee approval.
- The 2011 Picture of the Year Contest (POTY) is presented by the 2011 POTY Committee and supported in part by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- The Wikimedia Foundation does not endorse the outcome of the POTY contest and makes no representation regarding the accuracy of POTY results.
- Round 1 of POTY 2011 will run from ___ to ___.
- Round 2 will run from ___ to ___.
CentralNotice banners will run in all available places during these times.
- There will be two rounds in POTY 2011.
- Round 1 will include all images promoted to featured picture status in 2011.
- Round 2 will include the top 32 images from Round 1. If some of category #1s were not in the top 32, the committee will also promote them to the fianal to diverse the result.
- The top image will be declared as the Picture of the Year. The top three images will be featured as runners-up.
- Your account must pass the official POTY 2011 voter eligibility tool. To do so, you must:
- ...have registered before 2012-04-01
- ...and have more than 75 edits before 2012-04-01 (that is 2012-03-31 24:00 (UTC)/, 00:00 (UTC) in any single Wikimedia project.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another Wikimedia project where the account is attached to the user's Commons account through SUL.
- Due to the large vote volume, we are unable to accept voters that do not meet this criteria as determined by the official POTY 2011 voter eligibility tool.
- It will include eligibility-checking safeguards.
- Abuse Filters will also be used to prevent anonymous or duplicate votes.
- Committee members may disqualify votes that do not meet voting eligibility criteria as determined by the official POTY 2011 voter eligibility tool.
- If any problem arises, then the POTY 2011 Committee will decide how to solve it after careful discussion.
- All POTY results are deemed to be accurate, but are neither independently verified nor guaranteed.
- The committee reserves the right to alter the outcome of the contest after careful discussion. Decisions regarding contest outcome by the committee are binding.
- The Wikimedia Foundation and its agents make no representation regarding the results of the POTY contest.