Commons:Picture of the Year/2013/Rules
|These policies were determined by the POTY 2013 committee and should not be modified without committee approval.
For questions or proposed changes, please use the talk page.
- There will be two rounds in POTY 2013.
- Round 1 will include all images promoted to featured picture status in 2013.
- Round 2 will include the top 30 (+α) images from Round 1.
- The top image will be declared as the Picture of the Year. The top three images will be featured as runners-up.
Round 1 of POTY 2013
Round 2 of POTY 2013
Beta testing periods
- There will be several days of beta testing period, so we can check whether the voting script is working successfully.
- Votes in the testing period — the several days before the official opening date — are also eligible. The committee will count them as well as the votes cast in the later period.
- If you find a bug for the voting tool, please report it to MediaWiki talk:Gadget-EnhancedPOTY.js; report other issues to Commons talk:Picture of the Year/2013.
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Wed, 01 Jan 2014 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 live edits on any single Wikimedia project before Wed, 01 Jan 2014 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2013 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
- Even if a user has multiple eligible accounts, each user can only cast votes from one account.
- Votes from IP users will be considered invalid.
- Votes cast by ineligible users/accounts, multiple/duplicate votes cast in violation of the rules will be invalidated.
- Due to the large vote volume, we are unable to accept voters that do not meet this criteria as determined by the official POTY 2013 voter eligibility tool.
- We may contact you on your talk page for up to 1 year after you vote to alert you to contest results and invite you to participate in next year's contest. You may opt-out at any time.
In Round 1 - multiple vote - eligible users may vote for as many candidates as they wish to support (one vote per image).
In the final Round 2 - single vote - eligible users may vote for only one finalist. Note: if you cast more than one vote, only the most recent vote will be counted.
|Galleries by content|
|Arthropods (60)||Birds (63)||Mammals (34)||Other animals (39)|
|Plants and fungi (32)||Bones, shells and fossils (13)||People and human activities (65)||Paintings (41)|
|Cities and bridges (59)||Castles and fortifications (69)||Religious buildings (62)||Constructions and buildings (88)|
|Interiors and details (52)||Panoramic views (54)||Nature views (103)||Astronomy, satellite and outer space (22)|
|Maps, diagrams and illustrations (30)||Vehicles and crafts (53)||Objects, rocks and miscellaneous (23)|
|Help · About these icons…|
- Round 1
- All Featured Pictures from 1 January 2013 to 31 December 2013.
- The top 30 images from Round 1, by number of votes, from any category will go to the final round — the categories are irrelevant when it comes to counting the votes.
- If category #1 and #2 are not in the top 30, they will be also promoted to the Final to guarantee a diverse final.
A candidate should not be disqualified or replaced without careful discussion as long as it is not deleted (Ex. : a deletion request alone is not enough reason to disqualify an image.)