Commons:Upload Wizard feedback
Archives (older archive dates indicate date of initial comments and may span several months; newer archives span one month per archive and are generated by MiszaBot):
- 1 about submitting a definition
- 2 Asistente de subidas
- 3 گالری
- 4 Unable to install on my mediawiki server
- 5 Upload Wizard Hangs
- 6 Файл:Лиско Роман.jpg
- 7 didn't work
- 8 showing more than the first 50 flickr images?
- 9 Plenty of bugs!
- 10 and another one
- 11 העלעת תמונה
- 12 Sobre o grande jogo que é princip of persia
- 13 subida de archivo
- 14 uploaded file
- 15 este es el protagonista del articulo el cual me ha autorizad
- 16 problem of uploadfile
- 17 Camera direction is not imported
- 18 Publicación de acordeones del sistema 6+6
- 19 request of transfer authorization
- 20 Ошибки в файлах svg
- 21 art
- 22 No anda
- 23 kindly delete file Kollananaikanoor.JPG
- 24 solicion de este probelma empresarial
- 25 De nombreux dysfonctionnements
- 26 Agrandissement des champs de saisie de texte
- 27 Foto Dr. Walter Beyer
- 28 paz y derechos humanos
- 29 How to upload work or photo
- 30 Previews broken
- 31 Mini-bilder syns ej!
- 32 Photo's
- 33 Bild Freigabe
- 34 New tool needed
- 35 ন
- 36 Hata
- 37 Loader not working
- 38 Upload Wizard: can not use 'Select Files' button
- 39 My story
- 40 Still not working
- 41 Problèmes d'importation avec Artwork
- 42 upload fails with illegal filename (no form to change it)
- 43 error occured while uploading
- 44 error uploading ogg-Files
- 45 Uploads Page inaccessible!
- 46 need to delete recent upload
- 47 Comment ca marche
- 48 Ogg files upload: "this type of file is banned"
- 49 Adding comment at description
about submitting a definition
Asistente de subidas
- LuigiStudio: If I understood correctly, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikimedia_Commons#Embedding_Commons.27_media_in_Wikipedia_articles --AKlapper (WMF) (talk) 09:26, 3 November 2014 (UTC)
سلام من میخوام یک گالری ایجاد کنم که تمام عکس هایی که آپلود می کنم را در یک گالری گردآوری کنم آیا امکان این موضوع هست یا نه؟ eCO Electronic Copyright Office mazandaran 10:59, 7 November 2014 (UTC)
Unable to install on my mediawiki server
I am running debian. Whenever I go to activate the extension, it disables my site.
Upload Wizard Hangs
While uploading JPG images I find the Upload Wizard frequently hangs at the second stage while "Getting file information and previews..." showing 1 second remaining - or Finished!. Even if I wait 5 minutes for this, nothing happens and I have to resort to the old upload form. I'm uploading from Bhutan so my connection is not speedy - but that just makes it all the more frustrating when I have to upload again. Cfynn (talk) 12:27, 9 November 2014 (UTC)
I uploaded an image and thought it was done, but the image never showed up on the wikipedia page. So, what you have done here did not work, even though it seemed all was OK.
- Hi ScienceSense, and thanks for your contribution! Please see this recent answer. —LX (talk, contribs) 16:05, 10 November 2014 (UTC)
showing more than the first 50 flickr images?
Hello. Is it possible to show more than just the first 50 flickr images of a stream? This would make it much easier to upload the best images of a flickr user to commons. cheers Amada44 talk to me 21:15, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
Plenty of bugs!
- 1 when uploading more than one pic, next page shows first pic with same name as last pic, and changes the type too, but not to the type of the last.
- 2 when there is an error on the publish function, there is no opportunity to go back to correct it. Unbuttered Parsnip (talk) 03:01, 16 November 2014 (UTC)
and another one
- 3 entering a very long description causes the whole page to lock up. Allowing browser to reload page goes back to the upload input screen. Unbuttered Parsnip (talk) 03:02, 16 November 2014 (UTC)
Sobre o grande jogo que é princip of persia
subida de archivo
- Yes, you can request renaming, which can be performed by an administrator or file mover. Please see Commons:File renaming. —LX (talk, contribs) 13:55, 19 November 2014 (UTC)
este es el protagonista del articulo el cual me ha autorizad
Jose Mª Nüñez Postigo con DNI 31837798W Tlfno 670722163 autorzo a tauromacos a publicar un articulo sobre mi persona, así como fotos de mi carrera con el fin de enriquecer datos anecdoticos de la fiesta taurina española a la que pertenezco. Un cordial saludo con mi mas sincera admiración por el trabajo tan enriquecedor u ne cesario para la cultura . Tauromacosjuangarcia (talk) 09:03, 21 November 2014 (UTC)
problem of uploadfile
i could not change pre upload file . i want to change the previous file . could you help me ? काशीनाथ मरासिनी (talk) 02:16, 23 November 2014 (UTC)
Camera direction is not imported
- Hello ŠJů, looks like this will be possible very soon: phabricator:T39925. --El Grafo (talk) 20:48, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
Publicación de acordeones del sistema 6+6
I come for half to ask to the administrators of this group that it authorizes me to do upload of videos that are not of my edition. for the that, I wait for grant Maneloy Viega (talk) 19:17, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
Ошибки в файлах svg
Пытаюсь загрузить svg файл, Мастер заявляет, что в нём ошибка. inkscape превосходно открывает этот файл, w3 валидатор выдаёт положительный результат.
1. Is this permitted to upload scientific art objects in digital screen repreduction, all made by myself after research? 2. I can never find back my descriptions after I finished the upload, how comes? Fernirekter (talk) 23:04, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
kindly delete file Kollananaikanoor.JPG
- Already in a deletion request; no need to post as many places possible. Jee 12:42, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
solicion de este probelma empresarial
En un pais cuya propensión marginal al consumo es del 95% una empresa demanda bienes de inversión por valor de 40.000 euros.
a) Calcula cual seria el incremento total del gasto que experimenta esta economia.
b) Si hubiera que pagar un impuesto del 10% en cada una de las compras o adquisiciones. ¿Como afectaria esta medida del sector público al gasto total? Críspulo Rufino Cortés Cortés (talk) 10:24, 26 December 2014 (UTC)
De nombreux dysfonctionnements
Les vignettes ne sont plus produites lors du téléversement, et ceci depuis une ou deux semaines déjà !
En plus, il faut désormais double-cliquer ou "triple-cliquer" dans les champs du formulaire afin de pouvoir saisir du texte ou copier du texte.
Agrandissement des champs de saisie de texte
Depuis quelque semaines, les champs "Description" et "Autres informations" prennent la moitié de mon écran dès que l'on clique dedans. Ainsi, les informations liées à un seul fichier dépassent déjà la taille de l'écran, et il faut sans cesse utiliser la barre de défilement. On n'aurait pas pu créer un outil plus encombrant et plus malaisé à utiliser. Je proteste vivement contre ces freins à un usage facile de l'outil, que des développeurs éloignés des besoins réels des besoins des usagers nous imposent. En plus, que ça ne fonctionne même plus correctement (voir ci-dessus), vous voulez faire fuire les contributeurs ou quoi ??? P.poschadel (talk) 10:28, 26 December 2014 (UTC)
Foto Dr. Walter Beyer
paz y derechos humanos
How to upload work or photo
When uploading shots from Flickr or from the local drive, I'm getting "The upload succeeded, but the server could not get a preview thumbnail." errors at the Upload stage, and there is a lack of previews available from that point on from within the Upload Wizard. Happens to uploads in both Firefox and Chrome. Tabercil (talk) 16:19, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
- I'm uploading from flickr - I don't get the warning message, but all thumbnails are blank. -mattbuck (Talk) 13:54, 4 January 2015 (UTC)
Mini-bilder syns ej!
Mini-bilder syns inte i uppladdningsguiden längre. Detta gör det mycket svårare att ladda upp större mängder bilder varje gång eftersom man i en lång lista inte ser vilka bilder som sedan kan läggas in i olika artiklar. Man tvingas istället öppna varje enskild bild i Commons gång på gång på gång.... FrankieF (talk) 15:27, 6 January 2015 (UTC)
I wanted to post some photo's of the beautiful landscape and geography of the hill country in Lowndes MO, (There is very little listed about Lowndes and it is a beautiful area of the Ozark Mountains with a rich cultural history and heritage) however, the program will not allow me to download it. It is my own work. BrendaCrawford (talk) 17:05, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
Habe die Bilddatei "BR 74 1230 im Bahnhof Sitzendorf.jpg " hochgeladen. Das Bild ist mein Eigentum, habe aber ev. einen Fehler gemacht. Wie kann ich das Bild freigeben, oder löschen Aliquis507 (talk) 09:43, 8 January 2015 (UTC)
New tool needed
It would be very useful to WikiProject BSicon if there was a tool available that would allow the re-uploading of multiple files at one time (similar to the UploadWizard), instead of having to click on [Upload a new version of this file] for each individual file that needed to be revised or updated. In order to prevent misuse and abuse, I would suggest that it be restricted to those editors with Filemover or greater privileges (and possible be set so that it only works on files that start with BSicon_ and have a filetype of .svg). Useddenim (talk) 20:53, 9 January 2015 (UTC)
Loader not working
Hi, per today I can not use the 'Select Files' button at the upload wizard.
I am logged in.
Has there been any software update ?
- [EDIT] I now see I'm not the only one with this problem. It's the adding of a Flickr upload button that broke the web-GUI. --OSeveno (talk) 16:55, 13 January 2015 (UTC)
Still not working
Problèmes d'importation avec Artwork
J'ai importé de très nombreuses photos de tableaux avec le système Artwork jusqu'à présent sans problème. Je viens d'importer la photo suivante File:José de Ribera-Les larmes de saint Pierre.jpg et c'est la catatastrophe : voir la photo. En effet à l'importation le signe | placé devant les diverses rubriques est transformé en & # 1 2 4 ; ce qui rend les commentaires illisibles. J'ai fait les rectifications pour trois autres photos mais cela est long ; je pense qu'il y a un dysfonctionnement dans le système d'importation. Cela a-t-il été déjà signalé ? Que faut-il faire ? je pense qu'il y a un bug dû à une modification.Robert Valette (talk) 16:26, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
upload fails with illegal filename (no form to change it)
Uploading a file like 20150104_16-02-54_01.3.jpg fails with illegal filename immediately after selecting the file. There is no further dialog to change filename, add description, categories etc. at the moment. regards --Herzi Pinki (talk) 18:53, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
- Several reports on this issue, see here and there. Schmelzle (talk) 22:39, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
- Please try with any browser extensions like "noscript" or "adblock" disabled and if this problem still happens. If the problem does not happen anymore, you are running into phab:T86680. --AKlapper (WMF) (talk) 14:41, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
error occured while uploading
Why my file was not uploaded? please explain! the error is....... Geetham_Geetha_Total.pdf The stashed file was not found when attempting to upload it from the stash. ఇందూ జ్ఞాన వేదిక (talk) 13:27, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
error uploading ogg-Files
I want to upload two ogg-Files and always get the error "This type of file is banned." I uploaded this way other files. The error occurs in all Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE) --Balû (talk) 09:39, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
- I have got the same problem. It seems to be a bug of some kind. Maybe it's connected to the filename bug reported on this page as well. --LarsvonSpeck (talk) 18:41, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
Hicham amrani sifa (talk) 02:44, 20 January 2015 (UTC)
Uploads Page inaccessible!
When I click on uploads link, it takes me to a page where all the text is embedded in an image rather than as actual text. How is this even remotely accessible for the visually impaired or blind to use?!? Please change the images into actual text so I can read the instructions and find the process to actually upload my files. Thank you very much.
need to delete recent upload
Hi. I tried uploading all the illustration images of a book. i had the organiztion of the images in the file names so that i knew which image goes to which chapter.
somehow though the file names all became identical and now i can't make sense to apply the individial images to their respective places in the book on wikisource. now it won't let me re-upload because the content is already on commons.... Roxette5 (talk) 11:19, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
Comment ca marche
Ogg files upload: "this type of file is banned"
When uploading OGG files, the files are transferred ok, but then an error message shows: "this type of file is banned".
Is this a bug, or a new policy by Wikipedia Commons?
Adding comment at description
As I mentioned in the Village pump I suggest that it would help when in the upload form is mentioned near the description something like “please mention where the photo was taken (country/city ...). This would help in categorizing. Descriptions as “Wow” or “Here we had dinner” or only “castle” are not very helpful. Wouter (talk) 18:52, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
- Assuming it's a photo (and not a video, music recording, sheet music, map, logo, diagram, drawing, book scan etc.) where the location is relevant (so not a photo of a household item, a product photo, a studio portrait etc.) – which might be true for a large share of uploads, but certainly far from all. Commons accepts a very diverse range of content, and we should be careful not to word instructions in a way that makes people think only a certain type of content is desired. —LX (talk, contribs) 20:36, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
- You are right with your comments, but when uploading a photo and pressing on the ? behind the heading description you see “Beschrijf het werk. Vermeld voor een foto bijvoorbeeld wat er te zien is, wanneer de foto is genomen, bij welke gelegenheid, enzovoort.” or translated in English “Describe the work. Mention for a photo for example what there is to see, when the picture was taken, on which occasion, and so on.” I would appreciate that the last sentence is changed to “Mention for a photo for example where is was taken (country/city) what there is to see, when the picture was taken, on which occasion, and so on.” Wouter (talk) 08:24, 26 January 2015 (UTC)
- Ah, so it already makes that assumption. I see. The English version already mentions location as one of the things to include: "Briefly describe everything notable about the work. For a photo, mention the main things that are depicted, the occasion, or the place." (This is MediaWiki:Mwe-upwiz-tooltip-description.) On a related note, it'd be nice if the wizard could be wizardy enough to give different advice for different types of files. An SVG is not going to be a photo. —LX (talk, contribs) 18:13, 26 January 2015 (UTC)