Commons:Smithsonian American Art Museum
This project page in other languages:
Thew:Smithsonian American Art Museum was the nation's first collection of American art. Acquiring their first pieces in 1829 but not founded as a museum until 1910, the museum houses works from more than 7,000 artists and representing a wild variety of different time periods and art styles including:
- Masters such as Georgia O'Keeffe, Roy Lichtenstein, and Robert Rauschenberg.
- The largest collection of New Deal art
- A growing w:contemporary art collection
- Guilded Age masterpieces and colonial portraits
- The building itself is a w:National Historic Landmark
In the summer of 2012 the Smithsonian American Art Museum provided 30 images of masterpieces for the edit-a-thon Masterpiece Museum.
- Georgina Goodlander: In charge of Smithsonian American Art Museum Web and Social Media.
Press coming soon.