A first version was released with digiKam is 2.6.0. You are strongly discouraged to used this version.
A new, greatly improved version has been released with digiKam 2.8.0, which can be used without big problems.
To use it on GNU/Linux, just install both the
kipi-plugins packages from your software management tool.
After you have installed digiKam then you'll just have to select images from your album and click "export" to start uploading to Commons.
- Allow uploads to various wikis.
- Resizing files at upload
- Pre-filling of metadata from digiKam metadata (file name for title, EXIF date and time for date, title for text description, tags for categories, geolocation for latitude and longitude)
- digiKam official website
- Bug tracker (file a new one)
- Review by Scribbles and Snaps (June 2012)
- kipi-plugins project source code
- Temporary work page
- Article by Guillaume Paumier, who originally launched the project (2009)