From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Google Calendar extension causing script error
If you get an error like
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'match' of undefined chrome-extension://gmbgaklkmjakoegficnlkhebmhkjfich/calendar_utils.js:78
the text-diff tool which is used by default needs really improvements
- Only a small improvement for "identifying identical text fragments in two versions" would be of much help / support, regarding its extremly often usage on wikipedia.
- And there can MUCH be done / improved! I observed that the current diff is very often unable to match identical text fragments which are shifted to the next section or other logical substructure in the same section which is nearby. :-/ The user has to check word-by-word with his eyes, whether small changes had happened in theses shifted text-block or failed to recognize the change. :-( Achim1999 (talk) 10:34, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
- There are JS-text-diff modules available. But if you want to have something changed in MediaWiki (all wikis) then, you have to request this at bugzilla:. It is more common to highlight differences than identical text so I don't think we will ever get this. And when coming to bugzilla it is alwas good when requesting features to show an example application that is doing a better job.
- In Notepad++, identical text is highlighted in blue. -- RE rillke questions? 11:25, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
- default installed diff-tools. Almost no user will look to changes what can be possible done internal with this automatic diffs :-(
- Request at bugzilla? From own expirience I am still waiting since about 2 weeks of any reaction for another request / subject (you should know it) :-(
- I only want to be sure that certain not matched text-blocks in two versions are identical, to save time of intensive checking / focus by my eye / mind!
- Well, I can come up with a typical example, but surely not with an application which I don't know or which maybe not exists!
- Thanks for moving this subject/topic to its proper place. Achim1999 (talk) 14:33, 22 June 2012 (UTC)