Commons talk:Chunked uploads
- It's the "Experimental features" section of the "Upload Wizard" tab. --Rosenzweig τ 21:27, 3 May 2012 (UTC)
... but also for bots using the API, especially for files uploaded through the API.: What's with upload.py of Pywikipediabot? Does it support chunked uploading now or in the near future? Raymond 08:52, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
Is it normal to be so looooooonnnnnnnggggg ?
I'm trying to load a 107 Mb djvu file (a dictionary) and it's been running for 3 hours now : is it normal ?
I think an indicator of the running task would be nice (to know how much of the task has been done), because it is impossible in the present version to know if it is really working, or just "looping" 8)
- in fact, after resetting the option for "chunked uploads", and relaunching an upload, I saw that the progression indicator is there... but it seems to disappear with "chunked uploads" option : is it a bug ?
- in any case, 4 minutes to upload a 90 Mb file... (in standard wizard upload) and more than 3 hours for a 107 Mb one (chunked upload - without result).... there certainly is something wrong in the Realm of Denmark --Hsarrazin (talk) 17:34, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
Unveiling the Official President Bush Portrait.ogv
I tried to upload this 396 MB file twice, and both times failed. The first attempt was on Firefox 16 on Ubuntu 12.04, and gave an API error. The second attempt was on Firefox Nightly 19.0a1 on Windows 7 (64-bit), and said it failed to store temporary file. -- King of ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ 03:59, 12 November 2012 (UTC)
- I tried using Commons:VicuñaUploader but it still failed. -- King of ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ 05:51, 12 November 2012 (UTC)
- Re King of Hearts: It's now at File:Unveiling the Official President Bush Portrait.ogv and I had the developers help me upload the file. TeleComNasSprVen (talk) 16:04, 24 April 2014 (UTC)
I tried to upload a video (.ogg, 180 MB, I switched my settings like discribed - by the way, in german it says: "Experimentelle Funktionen: Hochladen von Dateien, die größer als 1 MB sind, in mehreren Teilen), but a trial-upload with the regular commons-tool gave me the warning: "This file is bigger than the server is configured to allow." So, it doesn't work. I would really like 500 MB uploads for my videos. Why to give them to youtube. --Bin im Garten (talk) 16:32, 30 December 2012 (UTC)
- Indeed. Actually doesnt work in FF 27 nor Google Chrome 33.0.1750.154 m--Juandev (talk) 03:23, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
Had issues with a file getting corrupted
Uploading the file File:Earthbag Structure Time-Lapse.ogv gave some problems. The file appears to have not been uploaded correctly. Using: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0. I've requested a server-side upload to reupload the file. Zellfaze (talk) 13:16, 1 July 2014 (UTC)