Commons talk:Picture of the Year/2011/Galleries
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Category changes 
- File:Calaveras_skulls.jpg is a set of trinkets, not actual bones. It's very similar to File:Alfeniques of day of the dead.jpg, so I think it should be in the Miscellaneous category. --99of9 (talk) 06:21, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- Because it is made for the purposes of information without much thought to artistry, I think File:Théâtre Bruges 1835.jpg should be in with the maps rather than the artwork. --99of9 (talk) 06:25, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- File:2011-02-13-chemin.jpg seems like a typical Nature View to me, no need to put it in miscellaneous. --99of9 (talk) 06:29, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- Same with File:ANTONY GORMLEY Widderstein 09.JPG (even though the sculpture is significant here, I think it is best compared with other landscapes) --99of9 (talk) 06:29, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- I think File:Shiva as the Lord of Dance LACMA edit.jpg and File:Trapezophoros con due grifoni che sbranano una cerva.jpg are not really interiors and details, I think they are better off being compared with other objects in miscellaneous. --99of9 (talk) 06:32, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- File:King_Penguins_(Youngs).jpg should go in birds intead of panoramas. Even though it's the same shape as the other panoramas it is incomparable in many other ways. --99of9 (talk) 06:38, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- File:Venezuela - Caracas - Parque del Este (58)-Venezuela - Caracas - Parque del Este (72)-4.jpg is mostly nature, with just a few boats. I'd put it in the nature-panorama's rather than with the city-panoramas. --99of9 (talk) 06:40, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- File:Dn nasva 0854.jpg and File:A Brouhot car in Paris, 1910.jpg (activities -> vehicles) ... every vehicle is sort of a human activity, but we have a specific category for them, so let's use it here. --99of9 (talk) 06:44, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
Please make these corrections 
In the section "Galleries by categories":
- Non-phtographic files – should read "Non-photographic files"
- Skeleton, Mummies and fossils – should read "Skeletons, mummies and fossils"
In the section "ALL or half of 2011 FPs"
- ALL being entirely caps is weird, but maybe that was deliberate (the page itself is called /ALL)
- Dashes between dates should be en-dashes, which is more correct, but also consistent with the en-dashes in the index at the bottom of the page. Keep the spaces around the en-dashes. So "January – June 2011" and "July – December 2011"
Did you know... 
- ...that there are 13 subject categories at 2011's Picture of the Year competition? (And four that refer to specific formats.)
- ...that twelve of the 32 current top-ranking POTY candidates are either outdoor views of nature (7) or constructions (5), while a further 3 are nature views with a vehicle or animal as a minor feature?
- ...that there are no cluse-up pictures among nature views?
- ...that except for the 32 top-ranked media overall, only the top one of each category will be included in round 2?
I will cross-post this, as it's not clear to me which one of these many talk pages actually gets read. Certainly, the rate of replies could be higher.