Commons talk:Project Nuvola 2.0+
I would add something about what licensing requirements such icons need to meet in order to be included. Is CC-BY-SA acceptable? Or must a contributor agree to let such an icon be released under a (L)GPL set? Is PD OK? Multilicensing OK? (I would assume so, but who knows?) pfctdayelise (translate?) 04:06, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- Nuvola was (is) an icon set for KDE. The LGPL licensing was probably due to the fact that it's a "library" of icons, which explains why some of the originals are trademarked. I presume that if you create something in the same "style" as the Nuvola icons you can license it under anything you want, but ideally it would be "in the spirit of" the LGPL. Alphax (talk) 05:51, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
- 1 Comments requested
- 2 Flags
- 3 Flag of Esperanto, which category?
- 4 Project dead?
- 5 About TRNC
- 6 Icons with parse errors
- 7 Flag template
- 8 The house
- 9 Help with Gabon flag
- 10 LGBT flags
- 11 Kosovo
- 12 A lack of flags
- 13 Paralympic movement flag
- 14 Map icon
- 15 Willing Volunteer
- 16 new Category:nuvola flag SVG icons
- 17 Argentine provinces and Patagonia
- 18 Categories
I tried my hand at copying . Here's the result .
How do I fix the bounding box? How do I mimic the shadow of the original? (I know the red is not right, I'll fix that with the other issue.) Any other comments would be appreciated so this doesn't get labeled as "flawed".
– flamurai 11:24, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
- Inkscape now has a "blur" feature. You could make a black line under the figure which you could blur. It would look like a shadow. --Ysangkok 15:26, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
Hey, I just found this SVG: Rocket000 12:32, 15 October 2007 (UTC)
If someone would were to make as little as a single Scandinavian flag, it would be incredibly easy to recolor so that would fit the rest of the scandinavian nations, as their flags all fit the same mold. -FrostyBytes 16:51, 30 November 2006 (UTC)
- In fact it's not completely true, if you look for the various articles in Wikipedia you will see that some have different proportions, for instance the Norwegian two-color cross is fatter than the Danish one, and the proportions of the rectangle are usually not the same. Anyway this is easy to fix, I'm just chiming in with a caveat.
Flag of Esperanto, which category?
Hi, I added a flag of Esperanto to the page, though I am not sure under which column to put it. I put it under Europe since the founder, Zamenhof, was European, and the headquarters of UEA are in the Netherlands. There is indeed an Esperanto localisation of quite a few projects (such as KDE), so it should be useful. Anyway, move it wherever you see fit (hopefully not the dustbin!). Also, I am quite a newbie at graphics so I mostly ripped off the Lybian flag and added a canton, let me know if it has to be improved to be brought up to a standard. --Orzetto 21:38, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
This project seems interesting. I love to see it carried through, but right now it's going nowhere fast. I think we should go to the Graphics Lab here and on Wikipedia to recruit some artists. And what are things like this doing here? Rocket000 03:34, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
- I agree, a lot of work needs to be done. Just learning the vector ropes at the moment, would be great to get some more people on board. Pluke 18:50, 10 October 2007 (UTC)
Icons with parse errors
MANY of the SVG Icons throw up parse errors when you try to read the actual SVG file, instead of looking at the image-space summary page. For example going to upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/Gtk-print-preview.svg yields this error:
- XML Parsing Error: prefix not bound to a namespace
- Location: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/Gtk-print-preview.svg
- Line Number 45, Column 7: <a:midPointStop
I don't have a commons account. You can reach me on English Wikipedia as Johndodd. Thanks.
- Er, nevermind. It's some sort of Firefox error. Icons work when read in Inkscape. Johndodd
I've recreated the house, with shingles and other things intact this time. Hopefully it's an improvement on Image:Gnome-home.svg. The shingles still aren't perfect; if and when I get the chance I'll take another look at them. Stannered (talk) 21:27, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
- Definitely an improvement. Just little more tweaking it could look just like it. Rocket000(talk) 00:29, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
Help with Gabon flag
I tried myself to make a flag in InkScape, and ended up with Gabon with yellow bottom in the gradient of the background where it should be blue... Can someone help me correct that?
- Hello Thobiah, that was really strange, I could not figure out what was wrong, maybe an svg code expert could tell. Anyway, i recreated the gradient from scratch and now it seems to be OK. Please help with more flags!
Hello people, your work is very good.
>.<! Can you doing 7 Nuvola flags to the LGBT comunity?
- Third with the Rainbow flag and the Venus symbol (this)
- Another with the Rainbow flag and the transgenere symbol (this is the symbol)
- Another flag is the bisexual flag this
- Another whit the bisexual flag and the Mars symbol
- And another whit the bisexual flag and the Venus symbol.
There doesn't seem to be a flag of Kosovo available. Could one be created?
- Here it is :) Min's - 愛 17:51, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
A lack of flags
I have noticed, that many flags aren't available (Brunei, Cambodia, French Polynesia, Guam, Jordan, Nauru, Nepal, Oman, Palau). It would be very nice, if someone had enough time to creat them.
--Redrobsche (talk) 11:36, 26 October 2009 (UTC)
Paralympic movement flag
Hi guys! I would like to see a icon for maps. Idea: Integrate Openstreetmap much better to Wikipedia, therefore it would be nice to have a cool icon of a map.
- Well - screw it.
Is this project still active? Because if it is, I'd love to help make any flags that don't currently have Nuvola versions. Is there a list of some kind? NikNaks talk - gallery - wikipedia 18:32, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
Love all the Project Nuvola 2.0+/Flags SVGs, however, several of the small island countries are missing including..
Tokelau (TK) New Caledonia (NC) Wallis and Futuna (WF) French Polynesia (PF) Northern Mariana Islands (MP)
other flags of interest include
Commonwealth of Nations
I am not sure where to put in request for someone to create these as I am no graphic artist - just someone who on occasion use some of these SVGs (and am much appreciative).
Argentine provinces and Patagonia
Hi! There doesn't seem to be some flags of Argentine provinces available. Could be created? They could also do with the Patagonia region? Thanks and sorry for my English. --Gastón Cuello (talk) 23:19, 12 February 2013 (UTC)
Can some one explain this edit (2007-11-11) and user Rocket000 declared it as "header to help avoid future confusion". But I not understand this, because it is not true and it is also completely against what is here described. Anybody here present? -- Perhelion (talk) 14:00, 15 May 2014 (UTC)