Bugs reported by Helder, Sep 20 addressed by mdale on Sep 20th
- I don't know if the "Published Sequence:" part of this summary is automated, but if so, I think it is good idea to make it a link to the sequence page, (like "Published Sequence:" in the example).
- Added a link to the sequence page in r73420. the publish summary ( yes its automated)
- When previewing this comment, I get this erro (not related to Sequencer I think):
- From this talk page, if I CTRL-click at this the link Sequence:Wikijúnior:Alfabeto dos animais (and wait it load in a new Firefox tab), I get two errors:
- These issues should be fixed in the latest version check that get mwEmbed:remote: r149 when you shift refresh, and let me know if any of these errors persist.
Bugs reported by Helder Sep 15, addressed by mdale on Sep 19th
This is a great tool!! =)
- thanks for interest in the editor and your bug reports :)
I've found some bugs:
- Currently the field "get media" doesn't accept a name like "File:B_is_for_Bat.jpg" (only http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:B_is_for_Bat.jpg).
- Added a check for File:Key in r73343
- The keys shortcuts "Home", "SHIFT+Home", "CTRL+A", etc, and mouse selection, are not working at that field, making it hard to change the current value;
- Fixed disabled selection in r73355
- It is missing a "(" after the message "Restore text editor ( It's highly recommended that you use the visual editor"
- After changing the clip duration, it would be good to have some feedback that the new value was stored (in my first try I've changed the value of a clip and than clicked in the next clip and changed it's duration and so on... then I realized that it wasn't saved.)
- It now commits your change when you click to edit a different clip. Also added an indication by listing the total track duration below video track and having that fade in and out for duration changes in r73356
- When trying to save the page first time, it wasn't possible because I got the following js error (so I've copyied the code manually to the source of the page and saved):
- Opps, a regression for lazy init variable fixed in r73356
- When trying to publish, I get this another error:
- That error should no longer be displayed. I test flattened your sequence. But I have noticed if I do a lot of editing then try to publish it sometimes crashes firefox... more firefogg testing is needed for sure.
- fixed in r73361
Helder 14:05, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
- I just pushed out this update. ( once you shift reload the console should list r147 ) ... Let me know if you run into any other issues thanks again for your bug reports.
Bugs and Feature Requests
- When looking for the source asset page of file that has unicode in its name like File:Spielendes Kätzchen.JPG It doesn't load it correctly and loads "File:Spielendes KÃ¤tzchen.JPG" instead. Check the second image in http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sequence:Cats&withJS=MediaWiki:MwEmbed.js. --Diaa abdelmoneim (talk) 06:49, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- There should be a bar at the video and audio track to show where the sequence is at while playing. (When there are hundreds of images in a sequence this would be useful.)--Diaa abdelmoneim (talk) 06:49, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- Working on addressing these issue, the timeline is a good sized feature, but its under development. It has to be written in a way that will support both the story board ( iMovie style ) and multi-track composting mode ( finalCut style ) which is part of the timeline efforts. Mdale (talk) 17:19, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
What's a "sequence" and a "sequencer"?
Maybe someone could add a short explanation to the page, explaining what a "sequence" and a "sequencer" is and what it means to "publish a sequence". Thanks, AxelBoldt (talk) 11:48, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
- Have you checked out Commons:Sequencer documentation page? I added an intro sentence about video editors and link to the wikipedia article. I should probably link to this documentation page from every sequence page. Mdale (talk) 16:46, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
Bug with AJAX preview
I do not know which gadget has an error - but the error is triggered by "Add mwEmbed support" gadget.
- be logged in
- using monobook in current Firefox 3.6:
- ( 0. enable gadget: "Quick Preview" )
- 1. enable gadget: "Add mwEmbed support for Kaltura Sequencer, Video Playback, Firefogg uploading and the "Add-Media-Wizard". "
- 2. go to a random image page, go to edit mode and write anything.
- 3. hit the preview button (normally shows the preview over the edit window using AJAX) - does not work
using a different test account with vector and quick preview gadget off and Opera 10 is suffices to call a a random image page:
- Inline script thread
- mwEmbed:remote: r156