Commons talk:Commonist/Other Wikis
|Warning: Since version 0.4.0 the instructions given on this page are obsolete.|
- My local wiki is working and I can reach it as follows: http://localhost/mediawiki/index.php/MyWiki
- Commonist installed and running
- Folder C:\Documents and Settings\WikipediaMaster\.commonist\family\ has been created by Commonist
- Two files copied to the folder, but when I changed content of MyWiki.site I got an error in the Commonist shell.
- Problem partly solved, I used a wrong text editor to edit the content of MyWiki.site. Editing with Textpad and Commonist works, but now I get login failed, even if I am sure my PW is correct!--WikipediaMaster (talk) 11:30, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
info net.psammead.commonist.task.UploadFilesTask logging in error net.psammead.commonist.task.UploadFilesTask login failed net.psammead.mwapi.ui.UnsupportedWikiException: the wiki: MyWikiis not supported
(see Screenshot 1)
- It may not like your localhost install. Or it may not work with more recent wiki versions. I don't have it with me to test anymore. Does it still work for Wikipedia or Commons? I don't really know enough about localhost and Commonist. Sorry.-ThePlaz (talk) 17:20, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
Yes Commonist works for commons. The screenshots on the right I uploaded by commonist today (problems of screenshot 1+2 are solved).
After small corrections in the files (family and site), it seems that commonist might also work for my localhost installation now, but I get an error message related to access rights. Access denied Error 403, for more details see also screenshot 3. Who can help?
- Problem solved after changing the site file as follows:
# network protocol http:// hostName localhost rawPath /mediawiki/index.php prettyPath /mediawiki/index.php/ apiPath /mediawiki/api.php
Following the manual, you have to edit in "openstreetmap.site":
## configuration for a single wiki site # identification family OpenStreetMap # network protocol http:// hostName wiki.openstreetmap.org rawPath /index.php prettyPath /wiki/ apiPath /api.php
nameSpace 4 'Image' nameSpace 5 'Image talk'
and in "openstreetmap.familiy":
## configuration for a whole wiki family # identification name OpenStreetMap shortcut c
For uploading the images be sure you use your OSM-Wiki user name and password.
- better use "osm" instead of "c" for the shortcut -- 184.108.40.206 23:27, 9 September 2009 (UTC)