Dritvík

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Deutsch: Dritvík war vom 17. bis ins 19. Jahrhundert der ertragreichste Fischereiplatz des Landes. Von hier fuhren bis 400, man schätzt auch 600 bis 700 Mann auf 70 bis 80 Booten (Achtruderer) zum Fischfang aus. Im 14. Jahrhundert erhielt das Kloster Helgafell das Gebiet als Stiftung. Viele Schiffe sind hier zerschellt., z.B. am 21. Dezember 1925 “Ása” RE-18. Die Schiffstrümmer am Ufer stehen unter Denkmalschutz.
English: From the 17th til the 19th century, Dritvík was the most important fishing place in Iceland. Up to 400 or acc. to some sources, even up to 600 or 700 men went fishing here in 70 to 80 rowing boats (8 men each). From the 14th century til Reformation, the monastery of Helgafell was the owner of the region. On the other hand, many ships perished in the region, eg. “Ása” RE-18 on 21st of December 1925. The remains of the ship were partially washed onshore, are still to be seen and under preservation as part of a site of historic interest.