Uploads on Wikimedia Commons are normally limited to a maximum file size of 100MiB (1 GiB = 1048576000 Bytes with Upload Wizard and chunked uploading). However, system administrators have ways to circumvent this limit, and you may ask for their help if needed.
- URL(s), publicly accessible without logins or passwords, to
- the files themselves. They should already have the correct names
- the file description page (wikitext) for each file, as a .txt file. So the description page for Foo.ogv should be in Foo.txt
- User name to use for the upload
- Commitment to deal with post-upload complaints. Regarding licence or file description...
Providing the files as ZIP/TAR/TGZ archives is fine (and preferred for larger numbers of files).
- mw:Manual:ImportImages.php: documentation for sysadmins (must be run as user apache!)
- Foundation-l post by Catrope