Marshall, Texas is a city in Northeast Texas. It is the seat of Harrison County and has a population of 23,935.
The Old Harrison County Courthouse, constructed in 1901, in Whetstone Square is the centerpiece of the "Wonderland of Lights," one of the largest light festivals in the United States.
Maplecroft, constructed in the 1870s, is the centerpiece of the Starr Family Home State Historic Site in downtown.
The 1st Methodist Church is the oldest church building in Marshall. It was constucted by African-American slaves before the American Civil War.
Hotel marshall under renovation in 2005.
The modern Harrison County Courthouse, constructed in the 1960s as seen from northern Whetstone Square in downtown Marshall.
Marshall Hall was the first building completed on East Texas Baptist University's campus. It orignally housed all classes when it was finished in 1916; it is now the administration building.
The Federal Couthouse was orginally constructed in 1920 to be the Marshall Post Office. The Post Office moved to a new location in the 1960's. The building was renamed to honor former Congressman and Federal Judge Sam B. Hall after his death in the 1990's.