Deletion logs: Commons
العربية | български | català | česky | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Ελληνικά | English | español | فارسی | français | galego | עברית | hrvatski | magyar | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | 한국어 | македонски | മലയാളം | Nederlands | norsk bokmål | occitan | polski | português | русский | slovenčina | suomi | svenska | 中文 | +/−
|It's all about freedom
All users of files found on Wikimedia Commons must be given the Four Freedoms:
- The freedom to use and perform the work.
- The freedom to study the work and apply the information.
- The freedom to redistribute copies.
- The freedom to create and distribute derivative works.
Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. In addition, claims of fair use are explicitly NOT and will NEVER be permitted on Commons. Please only upload files that either:
- are in the public domain in the source country (author died more than 70 years ago) and in the U.S., or that
- are explicitly covered by a license which grants the Four Freedoms.
See the list of acceptable licenses, and please note that these licences are irrevocable. Also, please only upload useful files; Wikimedia Commons is for educational or informational content.
For works which are your own, please use the form for uploading own works.
|Describing your uploads
Please sort your files after upload and give detailed information. See our First Steps for a brief overview of the process. Please fill in the variables in the summary form:
- Source like a web link or give a statement like "own work".
- Date of creation or publication if the former is unknown.
- optionally: other_versions given via a wikilink; can be left out.
|Help people find this file. (Commons has over 17 million files.)
- Use a descriptive filename. Do not use default filenames, like IMAGE1234.jpg.
- Write a good description of the contents of the file. Search engines search text, not image pixels!
- Add categories to the image. Use the CommonSense tool to find categories.
- Consider adding location data to your image. See Commons:Geocoding for more information.
If you do not provide suitable license and source information, your upload will be deleted without further notice. Thank you for your understanding.