Morehead Planetarium and Science Center

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: Morehead Planetarium and Science Center is located on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. First opened in 1949, the planetarium was used to train Gemini and Apollo program astronauts in celestial navigation. Until the late 1990s, it contained one of the largest working Copernican orreries in the world. The facility was donated to the university by alumnus John Motley Morehead III.
中文: Morehead天文和科学中心坐落在 北卡罗来纳大学教堂山的校园里。1949年首次开放的时候,它的目的是为了训练双子星计划阿波罗计划宇航员的星际导航技术。它拥有全世界最大哥白尼太阳系仪直到1990年。这套设备是由北卡大学教堂山校友John Motley Morehead三世捐助的。