From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- For the modern structure rebuilt on the same site, see Nauvoo Illinois Temple.
English: The Nauvoo Temple was the second temple to be constructed by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. When the main body of the church was forced out of Nauvoo, Illinois in the winter of 1846, attempts were made to sell the building. The building was later demolished by a succession of events.