Pompeius (fem. Pompeia), known in English as Pompey, is the nomen of the gens Pompeia, an important family during the late republic period of ancient Rome from the Italian region of Picenum, which lies between the Apennines and the Adriatic. The name may refer to any person bearing it, with a list of the most famous below:
- Pompey the Great, the famous Roman general and politician
- Gnaeus Pompeius, the eldest son of Pompey the Great
- Sextus Pompeius, the youngest son of Pompey the Great
- Pompeius Strabo, father of Pompey the Great
- Pompeia Sulla, second wife of Julius Caesar
- Pompeia Plotina, wife of the Roman Emperor Trajan
|This is a disambiguation page – a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an internal link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.
See also: Special:PrefixIndex/Pompeius and All pages with titles containing "Pompeius"