Specific diagram types
- See also: General diagram types
A diagram type is a diagram with a specific shape and methodology, relatively independent of any field of application. Now there is no general accepted classification of diagrams. This gallery only gives an impression of the types of diagrams in the Commons at present.
General diagram types 
- Main gallery: General diagram types.
General diagram types are diagrams with specific shapes and methodology present with multiple specific types in multiple fields of application. There are two kinds of general types here:
General diagram shapes 
Basic or general diagrams shapes here are diagrams with a typical basic shape.
General concept diagrams 
Basic or general diagrams with a typical basic concept, present in multiple fields of application.
Specific diagram types in the Natural sciences 
Chemistry diagrams 
Physics diagrams 
Other Physics diagrams 
See also 
Specific diagram types in Engineering 
- Carnot cycle graph
- Circuit diagram also known as an electrical diagram, wiring diagram, elementary diagram, or electronic schematic.
- Constellation diagram
- Phase diagram
- Piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID), see Category:Process flow diagrams
- Category:Process flow diagrams used in chemical engineering
Systems engineering 
- Main gallery: systems engineering.
- Category:Business process modeling
- Category:Structured analysis
- Category:Work breakdown structures
Specific diagram types in Software engineering 
Entity-Relationship diagram 
An entity-relationship model (ERM) is an conceptual representation of structured data, often of a relational database.
- See also
- IDEF1 (entity relations)
- Block Definition Diagram (BDD)
- Internal Block Diagram (IBD)
- Parametric diagram
- Requirement Diagram
- Package diagram
- State diagram
- Sequence diagram
- Use case diagram
Other specific diagram types in the Software engineering 
- Booch method – used in software engineering
- Context diagram
- Data flow diagram
- Data structure diagram
- Dependency diagram
- Event-driven process chain
- Express-G - a data modelling language
- OBASHI – Business & IT Diagram (B&IT), see
- Jackson diagram
- Category:Nassi-Shneiderman diagrams or Program Structure diagram
- See also
- OBASHI methodology for business & IT modelling
Unified Modeling Language 
Unified Modeling Language (UML) is a standardized visual specification language for object modeling in the field of software engineering.
Specific diagram types in the Social sciences 
Management diagrams 
- Main gallery: Management diagram.
- Cause-and-effect diagram - used in management, see Ishikawa diagram
- Category:Gantt charts – shows the timing of tasks or activities used in project management.
- Category:Ishikawa diagrams, see Ishikawa diagram of Fishbone diagram
- Category:PERT charts
See also 
- Category:Psychological diagrams
- Category:Sociological diagrams
Specific diagram types in the Formal sciences 
Logic diagrams 
Logic diagrams are diagrams in the field of logic, used for representation and to carry out certain types of reasoning
Mathematical diagrams 
- Main gallery: Mathematical diagram.
Mathematic diagrams are diagrams in the field of mathematics, and diagrams using mathematics such as charts and graphs, that are mainly designed to convey mathematical relationships, for example, comparisons over time. See Category:Mathematical diagrams
- Commutative diagram in mathematical category theory
- Concept map
- Diagram (category theory) or Category theory diagrams
- Hasse diagram
- Category:Nomograms, see Nomogram
- Category:Petri nets
- Voronoi diagram
- See also