From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
(Redirected from Ternopilska oblast)
English: Ternopil Oblast is a province in western Ukraine. Population: ca. 1.2 million. It is nearly exclusively Ukrainian speaking area, with Ukrainian population mainly belonging to Catholic (Eastern Catholic or also known as Greek-Catholic) church, with many Ukrainian Orthodox (of Kyiv patriarchate and autocephalous Ukrainian Orthodox church) and some Roman Catholics, mainly of Polish ancestry. Ternopil Oblast was part of Poland prior to 1939 and Austria-Hungary prior to 1918.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Architecture in Ternopil Oblast (9 C)
- ► Culture of Ternopil Oblast (15 C, 2 F)
- ► Geography of Ternopil Oblast (10 C, 1 F)
- ► History of Ternopil Oblast (10 C, 14 F)
- ► Infrastructure in Ternopil Oblast (3 C)
- ► Nature of Ternopil Oblast (22 C, 2 F)
- ► Symbols of Ternopil Oblast (2 C)