User:Highway Route Marker Bot
|Who is this bot?|
This bot can edit text in SVG images, to output a sequence of similar images. It then converts the fonts used in the SVG to a path, thereby removing any necessary font support issues. Finally the bot uploads the image to Commons along with a custom description.
This bot is very useful for creating highway route markers, which would otherwise be a tedious task. This bot fully supports the Roadgeek series of highway sign fonts.
Submitted requests can be viewed at User:Highway Route Marker Bot/Requests.
- An SVG template
- Must use free / open source fonts, e.g. Roadgeek
- Must provide text that has not been converted to outline
Additional details are provided at the top of the request page.
Bot Info 
- Approved? Yes
- Automatic or Manually assisted: Manually assisted
- Programming language(s): Perl (using MediaWiki API module)
- Source code available: User:Highway Route_Marker Bot/Script
- Edit period(s): Intermittent
- Estimated number of pages affected: Bursts of uploads between 10-100 per run
- Maximum edit rate (eg edits per minute): Configurable (default 6 per minute)