Hello. My name is Syed Muzammiluddin. In the real world, I prefer to be referred as "Muzammil", although more often than not people mistake my surname "Syed" to be my name. In the Wiki World, I have often been referred by my username, Hindustanilanguage, Hindustani, or simply HL.
- 1 Brief overview of my online contributor association with Wikipedia and other Wikimedia Foundation Projects
- 2 Translate Wiki
- 3 My stint at Centre for Internet and Society, Bangalore
- 4 Blogging / writing about Wikipedia on Wikimedia blog and other Websites
- 5 Future Plans under my involvement for Wikimedia Movement
- 6 Contributions to non-Wikimedia websites with various thematic contents
- 7 Websites where my work has been cited
- 8 Book reviews
- 9 Details of International Publications
- 10 Radio Broadcasts
- 11 A barnstar for you!
- 12 A Barnstar for you
- 13 A Doul xoraai to you dear Friend!
- 14 A barnstar for you!
- 15 A kitten for you!
- 16 A barnstar for you!
- 17 Use of Commons Images on non-Wikimedia websites
- 17.1 Stress im Job (German website)
- 17.2 Domino's Pizza Outlet image usage
- 17.3 Western Journalism website credits
- 17.4 Mother Teresa's autographed prayer
- 17.5 Use of image for an article on construction
- 17.6 Mother-child kissing image on a German website
- 17.7 Article on Indira Gandhi in Polish language
- 17.8 जवाहरलाल नेहरू
- 17.9 Nissim Ezekiel
- 17.10 Food Coupons
- 17.11 Whizba News using a Commons image (although contextually unrelated)
Brief overview of my online contributor association with Wikipedia and other Wikimedia Foundation Projects
I was one of the speakers of the Wiki Conference India held in Mumbai in November 2011. See this picture of Wikimedia Commons.
A few of the articles created or edited by me on English Wikipedia are as follows:
- Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao
- Telangana Martyrs Memorial
- Gudiya, Kargil war victim
- Mark Sofer
- Shamshad Hussain
- Amitabh Bachchan
- Ayesha Miran Rape Case
- Tejeshwar Singh
- P. K. Warrier
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Public School
- Atheist Film Festival
- Why This Kolaveri Di (Popular Anglo-Tamil Song)
- Satyajit Ray
- Ek Alag Mausam
My other contributions to the Wikipedia include a number of articles on HIV and AIDS on the Wikipedia. The entire list of files showcasing various State AIDS Control Societies in India in Hindi created by me on Hindi Wikipedia can be seen in the list of files at the following link:
- http://hi.wikipedia.org/wiki/श्रेणी:भारतीय_सरकारी_एड्स_नियंत्रण_संस्थाएँ (Unicode link)
- http://hi.wikipedia.org/s/nlr (Latin script link)
I started the Hindi Wikipedia Editathon "Lilavati's Daughters" or "Indian Women Scientists" which later transformed into "Women Achievers of India" editathon. The project also had an impact on Punjabi Wikipedia.
As a result of my proactive approach on Hindi Wikipedia, I was granted autopatrolled and reviewer privileges.
Apart from this, I have created or edited hundreds of other articles on the English, Hindi and Urdu Wikipedia, including many translations.
My article showcasing the life of Indian freedom fighter Ram Prasad Bismil on the Urdu Wikipedia is one of the lengthiest as well as most referenced article. It has been nominated in the featured articles category.
I contributed maximum number of uploads of “celebrity autographs” on Wikimedia Commons Project as mentioned in this E-Zine of Wikimedia “Meta” Project:
I hold autopatrolled, filemover and rollbacker privileges on Wikimedia Commons
Additionally, I also hold editor privileges on Arabic Wikipedia, autoreview privileges on German Wikipedia, autopatrolled privileges on Meta and Polish Wikipedia. Russian admins have been kind to confer uploader status on me.
I have actively contributed to Translate Wiki in implementing the Echo Messages on the Hindi Wikipedia with the same username.
My stint at Centre for Internet and Society, Bangalore
I was a Programme Officer - Access to Knowledge Programme, Centre for Internet Society, Bangalore during 2013-14.
I was part of the team which planned and executed the Christ University project for Undergraduate classrooms starting from strategizing the plans to executing the program in recruiting new editors, active outreach by incorporating the plan in the pedagogy mainly for two languages: Hindi and Urdu. A key component here was the Hindi Wikipedia video tutorial production.
During this exercise, I also extended support for Kannada, Tamil and Sanskrit Wikipedians. The Christ University project involved on-wiki community level discussions for feedback and support to new editors.
I had taken part in various other outreach for Urdu including building initial level of partnership with Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU).
A stand-a-lone project for Maulana Azad National Urdu University has been drafted under Centre for Internet and Society, Bangalore's work plan 2014-15 in which I had played a key role.
I was also proactively involved in drafting the current year Hindi language plan.
Blogging / writing about Wikipedia on Wikimedia blog and other Websites
- Samskrita Bharati and Sanskrit Wikipedia: The journey ahead (posted on Wikimedia Foundation blog)
- Wikimedia Projects in Urdu: Unleashing the Latent Potential (posted on Wikimedia Foundation blog)
- Hindi Wikipedia - An Encyclopedia Bridging New Bonds of Friendship Across Borders
Future Plans under my involvement for Wikimedia Movement
- Writing articles.
- Involvement in Editathons
- Outreach events
- Assessing various language communities (e.g. Questionnaire for Esperanto Wikipedians which is currently in progress).
Contributions to non-Wikimedia websites with various thematic contents
- A Lexical approach to the Study of Turkic Languages and Commonalities Shared by Turkish and Urdu.
- Morarji Desai (1896-1995): A Statesman Par Excellence
- See Through Your Own CV.
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (1888-1958: A Revolutionary Journalist
- Untamed By Time (Short story)
- मुस्कुरा के कहना (Hindi poem).
- Urdu poem at Sherosokhan.com
- Urdustan - First Urdu website on the internet, now offline.
Websites where my work has been cited
- Reference of my article linking Turkish and Urdu in a book marketed by Amazon.com
- New World Encyclopedia article on Morarji Desai where my quote is mentioned under "Legacy"
- Marketing Research written by G C Beri, McGraw-Hill Education: The unique aspect of this book is that it combines some of core aspects of Marketing Research such as Techniques of Data Collection, Analysis, Interpretation and Report Writing with their immediate application in Marketing such as Advertising Research, Export Marketing Research and Rural Marketing Research.
- Aap ki Taareef written by Padmashri Mujtaba Hussain: The reviewed book carries intermittent tones of seriousness, humour and intriguing details of some of the luminaries of the literary world.
Details of International Publications
|S.No.||Details of Papers Presented at Conferences||Year|
|1.||Chapter 8: Advertising on Mobile Phones in India: Spread and Areas of Control,
Business Analytics, Compendium of papers presented at the 2nd International Business Analytics Conference, Great Lakes Institute, Chennai.
Edited by Dr Tapan K Panda Excel Books ISBN 978-93-5062-277-3
MT-5: ENERGY AND DEVELOPMENT: NEW AND RENEWABLE ENERGY
Transborder Cooperation in the Power Generation among South Asian Countries: Opportunities and Threats, Page 1781
Gökçekuş, H., (Editor) Proceedings of the International Conference on Environment: Survival and Sustainability (2007), Nicosia (Lefkoşa), Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus: Educational Foundation of Near East University. 10 volumes, LXXVI, 5498, XIV pages. ISBN 978-975-8359-62-2 Volume 10
- Interview with a Gold Medalist (my interview in connection with the gold medal that was conferred on me during the 24th Convocation of IGNOU)
- Ambush Marketing
- Banking Sector Reforms in India
- Population Explosion
- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
- Education and Employment
- Youth Empowerment
- Power Sector Reforms in India
- Consumer Rights in India
- Parliamentary Democracy
- Giani Zail Singh
- Hindi in the Twenty-first Century
- Online Resources and Academic Needs of Postgraduate Students
- Mother's lap: A Child's First School
- Secularism and Interfaith Dialogue
A barnstar for you!
|The Special Barnstar|
|Thank you for moving and renaming my file File:"What's Happening in Turkey?" Manifesto.pdf. I personally didn't know people can rename so quickly! When I was preparing to link to the original JPEG version of the file, I discovered that it had been renamed in under 11 minutes! There isn't any Renamer Barnstar here, so please accept this as a token of gratitude. You do not need to accept this if you think this should go to someone else, but if you do accept it, I will be very happy. By the way, if I placed it in the wrong place, then you are welcome to move it to the right place. Image2012 (talk) 10:13, 8 August 2013 (UTC)|
A Barnstar for you
A Doul xoraai to you dear Friend!
|A Doul xoraai to you dear Friend!|
|Thanks dear friend for your quick action! Here is a small gift of Doul xoraai from Guwahati, Assam ;-) Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 08:21, 22 March 2013 (UTC)|
A barnstar for you!
|The Admin's Barnstar|
|Thanks for renaming and fixing my mistake! KJ6MYQ (talk) 05:08, 26 February 2013 (UTC)|
A kitten for you!
Because kittens are awesome ;-) And mainly for moving my ill-named upload. Thanks!
A barnstar for you!
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|This award is given to you to recognize the quantity and quality of your contributions to Wikimedia Commons.|
Use of Commons Images on non-Wikimedia websites
Stress im Job (German website)
Domino's Pizza Outlet image usage
Western Journalism website credits
Mother Teresa's autographed prayer
Use of image for an article on construction
Mother-child kissing image on a German website
Article on Indira Gandhi in Polish language
- इस लेख में इस हस्ताक्षर का उल्लेख तो मिलता पर शायद तकनीकी कारणों से चित्र को ठीक से प्रदर्शित नहीं किया जा सका है।
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|