|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
I have an active Flickr account as Inky. Most of my photos are licensed under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA (Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike) license, but, if requested, I may change the license on certain images to allow them to be used on Wikipedia.
- Lamentations (Opeth's live DVD)
- The recording is generally regarded as having exceptionally clear and beautiful sound and visual quality, although All Music Guide reviewer John Serba complained of the ubiquity of shots from what he termed the "Akerfeldt 'Orifice Cam'", showing close-ups of the singer's mouth and nose in excruciating detail.
- Rinderkennzeichnungs- und Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz
- Words as long as this are nowhere near common in German. When the law was proposed in the local parliament, the members reacted with laughter and the responsible minister Till Backhaus apologized for the “possibly excessive length.” In 1999, the German Language Society nominated Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz for its Word of the Year award, but it lost to Millennium.
- An area the size of Wales:
- The British comedy show The Eleven O'Clock Show parodied the use of this measurement by introducing a news article about an earthquake in Wales, stating that an area the size of Wales was affected.
- The infinite monkey theorem:
- In 2003, lecturers and students from the University of Plymouth MediaLab Arts course used a £2,000 grant from the Arts Council to leave a computer keyboard in the enclosure of six Sulawesi Crested Macaques in Paignton Zoo in Devon in England for a month; not only did the monkeys produce nothing but five pages consisting largely of the letter S, they started by attacking the keyboard with a stone, and continued by urinating and defecating on it.