Dr. Janpieter van Dijk, Ph.D.
Complete name: Johannes Petrus van Dijk
Abbreviated name: J.P. van Dijk
Name used: Janpieter van Dijk
Nationality: Nederlander / Dutch
Professional Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/pub/janpieter-van-dijk/11/751/bb9
Personal Profile: http://www.facebook.com/janpietervandijk
Twitter profile: http://twitter.com/#!/JP_van_Dijk/
You can find and download his scientific publications and other material in the Box.net directory of his LikendIn Page: http://it.linkedin.com/pub/janpieter-van-dijk/11/751/bb9
Janpieter van Dijk graduated from Utrecht University in 1987 where he obtained a Ph.D. in 1992 in Geology and Tectonophysics. Since he joined Agip (Now Eni E&P) in 1992 he has been active as a geologist in Exploration, Reservoir Development and Management and Production. He was for six years Team Leader and Project Manager of the ENI research program on Fractured Prospects and Reservoirs, and the TaskForceMajella Project (TFM). From 2005 up til 2007 he managed as Project Leader the Strategic Project “GreenHousGas” (GHG) devoted to CO2 Capture, Transport and Storage. In the period 2007 - 2011 he was with Eni Algeria E&P, in Algiers, working on Assets in Algeria and Mali. After that, he was 2 years with Burren RPL (Eni Group) based in London working on assets in Turkmenistan. He is currently working on New ventures for EniChina based in Beijing.
He coordinated numerous exploration and development themes in Italy and other countries (e.g. Egypt, Algeria, Norway, Iran, etc.) involving 3D seismic interpretation and structural modelling, fracture network analysis and modelling, and (digital) field geological outcrop mapping and cartography. He developed a number of software tools which are currently operational in Eni. His main research interests regard geological field mapping and digital cartography, numerical geological modelling and tectonophysics, and analysis and modelling of fractured prospects and reservoirs. His main professional occupation is E&P Project Management, Global Networking, and Research and Technology Development management for Exploration and Production.
He is responsible for the organisation of educational courses for engineers and geologists regarding geological modelling, and also conducted numerous field trips and workshops in the Apennines. He regularly holds lectures at conferences and University courses. He published scientific research papers regarding the geology and geodynamics of the central Mediterranean, and tectonophysical modelling of fractured prospects and reservoirs. He is an advising member of a number of international journals, and involved in research consortia, JIP, intergovernmental panels, and advisory boards.
- 1 Wikipedia Activity
- 1.1 The Pages I created
- 1.2 The pages that are mostly of my hand, i.e. edited by me
- 1.3 Category: Wikipedia itself
- 1.4 Category: My user profiles and complete chronology of my activities
- 1.5 Category: Bibliography Sub Pages
- 1.6 Category: Images in Wikimedia (created Pages)
- 1.7 Category: Geology of the Central Mediterranean
- 1.8 Category: Messinian Salinity Crisis
- 1.9 Category: Carbonate Platforms and Reservoirs
- 1.10 Category: Plate Tectonics
- 1.11 Category: Geology, Geoscience, E&P in general
- 1.12 Category: History of Petroleum Industry and Geology
- 1.13 Category: Persons
- 1.14 Category: Music
- 1.15 Category: History, culture, archeology, geography
- 1.16 Various:
- 1.17 Categorie: Humour
- 2 Reference Checklist
- 3 References
Global Edit Counter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:CentralAuth/Jpvandijk
List of Wikipedia Pages I have worked on and I am currently working on:
The Pages I created
1. The personal pages in various languages (see below)
2. The downloaded images in Wikimedia (see below)
3. The following public pages (see their sandboxes mentioned below):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TaskForceMajella (published the 12th January 2011)
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascina_Boscaiola (published 8th January 2011)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzina_Fuschini (published 21st June 2012) (redirected by WP to Gerry Rafferty on the 22nd of October 2012)
- See discussion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Redirects_for_discussion/Log/2012_November_12#Enzina_Fuschini
- See also request for undeletion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_undeletion
- Republished as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzina_Fuschini_Young on the 12th of November 2012, deleted by WP on the 13th of October.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grexit (published the 15th May 2012); After the term was circulating for three months, there was no Wikipedia Page dedicated to it yet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jpvandijk/Jam_Nation Page dedicated to Jam Nation
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urbex This important concept did not have a page in it.wiki, whereas in other languages it has important pages dedicated. I created a germ to built upon. https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esplorazione_urbana I created this page to redirect to Urbex
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lago_Mare as a redirect to Messinian Salinity Crisis to avoid a separate page is created.
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Il_Movimento_dei_Forconi with related, redirected pages https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movimento_dei_Forconi and https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Forconi;
- These pages where created the morning of 11 Descembre 2013. For some reason, the two redirect pages were deleted shortly after and retained copies of pages which were successively also deleted. There seems to be some Wiki(con)fusion on the matter which is actually a social issue during 2013. I descide to withdraw. One day later, on the 12th of Decembre 2013, also the original page was also deleted. The page was perfectly scientific and objective, and created as a germ in the spirit of Wikipedia, so it looked as if nothing should be wrong about it. Anyway, the cancellations are probably not intended to look like manipulated by politically oriented Wikipedia editors, Wikipedia is too descent for this. The original contents of these pages is not available any more, so I passed the information to my sandbox page in order to store it for myself https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utente:Jpvandijk/Il_Movimento_dei_Forconi. Immediately, there was a request to cancel also this page by some Wikipedia users (see https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussioni_utente:Jpvandijk#Forconi). To my surprise, I discovered that late in the evening of the 11th of December, a new page was created by another user with exactly the same title which was one day later still active and not contrasted at all. Of course this generates a bit of perplexity, but it seems to be part of the game. I close the issue for now. Added information: The English Wikipedia already contains since some time (makes us reflect) the page https://en.wikipedia.org/Pitchforks_Movement, redirecting it to the Sicilian Protests 2012 page. In the light of the recent developments, the "pitchfork" page should be the right page to continue the development regarding the issue.
- And as a last Wikipedia action evidently the whole sandbox page I wrote has also been eliminated to cancel all traces of this particular episode. After all this I descided to dedicate my time to different things and not Wikipedia. Need a break I would say. Thanks Italian contributors, you have as always done a good job to confirm all specific characteristics of your cultural i.d.
The pages that are mostly of my hand, i.e. edited by me
Category: Wikipedia itself
Category: My user profiles and complete chronology of my activities
Category: Bibliography Sub Pages
Category: Images in Wikimedia (created Pages)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ASINARI.png (Transferred from Wikipedia It)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gerry_Rafferty_%26_Enzina_Fuschini.jpg (Deleted because of earlier pubblication by Sun Newspaper; http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3331595/Weve-lost-another-Scottish-legend-and-a-wonderful-talent.html)
Category: Geology of the Central Mediterranean
Specific Calabria Valli Cupe:
Category: Messinian Salinity Crisis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messinian_salinity_crisis; I created the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lago_Mare page to redirect to this one
Category: Carbonate Platforms and Reservoirs
Category: Plate Tectonics
Category: Geology, Geoscience, E&P in general
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jpvandijk/TaskForceMajella (Obsolete created SandboxPage)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jpvandijk/TaskForceMajella (Obsolete created SandboxPage)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TaskForceMajella (created Page)
Category: History of Petroleum Industry and Geology
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aguirre#Personajes (María Inés Aguirre (MIA))
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jpvandijk/Enzina_Fuschini (created SandboxPage, published on 21st June 2012)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzina_Fuschini (redirected by WP in Oct 2012)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jpvandijk/Jam_Nation - Sandbox Page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jam_Nation Created Page on 21st November 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Way_Down_Below_Buffalo_Hell The redirection Page
Category: History, culture, archeology, geography
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Jpvandijk/Cascina_Boscaiola (Obsolete created SandboxPage)
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascina_Boscaiola (created Page on 8th January 2011)
Research on "Triccheballacche":
Research on the origin of "Many Happy Returns":
- Bello, M., Toscano, C., van Dijk, J.P., Merlini, S., Cantarella, G., Riva, M., Frixa, A., and Zerilli, A. (1997); A regional structural model for the northern sector of the Calabrian Arc (Northern Italy). Eurobasin Euroconference, 8th Workshop of the IPL Task Force “Origin of sedimentary basins”, Palermo (Sicily), June 7-13, 1997, Time schedules and basin dynamics. Sicily, the adjacent Mediterranean and other natural laboratories. Program and Abstracts, pp. 30-31.
- Bonora, E., Pau, S., Piacenti, S., Bersani, A., Ghielmi, M., Nardon, S., Rossi, M., and van Dijk, J.P. (1999); Application of stereophotogrammetrical techniques for detailed outcrop mapping and fracture detection. In: Ameen, M. (Ed., 1999 Fracture & in-situ stress characterisation of hydrocaron reservoirs. 28-29 June 1999, London, Abstracts Volume.
- Cello, G., Tondi, E., van Dijk, J.P., Mattioni, L., Miccarelli, L., and Pinti, S. (2003); Geometry, kinematics and scaling properties of faults and fractures as tools for modelling geofluid reservoirs: examples from the Apennines, Italy. In: Nieuwland, D. (Ed.); New Insights into Structural Interpretation and Modelling. Geological Society, London, Special Publications, Vol. 212, pp. 7-22.
- Kosters, E, Jorissen, F.J., van Dijk, J.P., and Tenhove, M. (1993); 1600 feet of core throuhg the Holocene Rhone delta complex reinterpreted in a sequence stratigraphic context. AAPG Convention, 1993, Tulsa, Abstracts Volume, 1993.
- Marchegiani, L., van Dijk, J.P., Gillespie, P.A., Tondi, E., and Cello, G. (2006); Scaling properties of the dimensional and spatial characteristics of fault and fracture systems in the Majella Mountain, Central Italy. In: Fractal Analysis of Natural hazards. Geol. Soc. London, Special Publications, Vol. 261, 113-131.
- Marchegiani, L., van Dijk, J.P., Tondi, E., and Cello, G. (2002); Scaling Properties of Fracture Networks in the Majella Mountain, Central Italy. SFERA Inaugural Meeting 2002, Pescara (Italy), Abstracts Volume, Paper 17, pp. 80-81.
- Pettinelli, R., Ravagnan, G., van Dijk, J.P., and Benalia, L. (2009); The Taoudenni Basin exploration campaign: an example of a new initiative project in an under-explored basin. UNCTAD Conference, October 2009, Special Volume, in press 2009.
- Ravagnan, G., and van Dijk, J.P. (2009); Northern Algeria Onshore-Offshore Hydrocarbon Potential; Apennine & Atlas Chains – Play Analogies & Technological Needs. Exploration dans le Nord de l’Algérie : Perspectives et Défis » Alger (Hôtel Mercure), 16-17 décembre 2009, Abstract Volume, pp. .
- Scheepers, P.J.J., Langereis, C.G., van Dijk, J.P., and Zijderveld, J.D.A. (1994); Tectonic rotations in the Tyrrhenian Arc System during the Quaternary and Late Tertiary. 2nd Dutch Earth Science Congress, Veldhoven (Nl), 21-22, 4, 1994.
- Scheepers, P.J.J., Langereis, C.G., Zijderveld, J.D.A., Hilgen, F.J., and van Dijk, J.P. (1995, submitted); Paleomagnetic results from Neogene sediments of northern Calabria (Crotone and Crati Basins): additional support for the middle Pleistocene 15 degrees clockwise rotation of the Calabro-Peloritan block. Submitted to Tectonics.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1993); Three-dimensional quantitative restoration of central Mediterranean Neogene basins. In: Spencer, A.M. (Ed.). Generation, accumulation and production of Europe's hydrocarbons III. Special publication of the European Association of Petroleum Geologists No. 3, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 267-280.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1994); Late Neogene kinematics of intra-arc oblique shear zones: The Petilia-Rizzuto Fault Zone (Calabrian Arc, Central Mediterranean). Tectonics, 13 (5), 1201-1230. DOI 10.1029/93TC03551
- van Dijk, J.P. (1996); Fracture potential and domain mapping; a new technique applied to Maastrichtian-Danian chalk in Block 2/5 (Norway). In: Chalk Geoscience Workshop. PL006, 018, 067, 2-3 Dec. 1996, NPD Stavanger, Extended Abstracts.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1998); Analysis and modelling of fractured reservoirs. SPE paper 50570, Europec; European Petroleum Conference, Vol.1, 31-43.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1998); Central Meditterranean Messinian basin evolution: tectono-eustacy or eustato-tectonics? Annales Tectonicae, Vol. XII, N. 1-2, pp. 7-27.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1999); Analysis and modeling of fractured reservoirs. In: Ameen, M. (Ed., 1999 Fracture & in-situ stress characterisation of hydrocaron reservoirs. 28-29 June 1999, London, Abstracts Volume.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1990a); Sequence stratigraphy, kinematics and dynamic geohistory of the Crotone Basin (Calabrian Arc, Central Mediterranean): an integrated approach. Mem. Soc. Geol. Ital., 44, 259-285.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1990b); Basin dynamics and sequence stratigraphy in the Calabrian Arc (Central Mediterranean). records and pathways of the Crotone Basin. Geol. Mijnb., 70, 187-201.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1990c); The Central Mediterranean: Tectonostratigraphy and kinematics of the Calabrian Arc. Abstracts ESCO-Congress "Geology of the Oceans", Milano, pp. 78.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1990d); Tectonics and quantitative stratigraphy of the Crotone Basin (Calabrian Arc, Central Mediterranean): An integrated appoach. Abstracts Volume 9th RCMNS Congress, Barcelona, 127-128.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1991a); Three-dimensional restoration of sedimentary basins. The dynamic geohistory approach. EAPG 3rd Conference and Technical exhibition, Florence 1991, Technical programme and abstracts of papers, pp. 57-58.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1991b); Computer-aided three-dimensional restoration of the Central Mediterranean. Abstracts Volume EUG-6 Congress, Strasbourg 1991, Terra Abstracts, Vol. 3, pp. 260.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1992a); Three-dimensional restoration of Central Mediterranean Basins. Proceedings of the 1st AWON Congress, Veldhoven (NL), april 1992, #67.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1992b); Three-dimensional restoration of Central Mediterranean basins: The dynamic geohistory approach. Proceedings of the IGC-92, Kyoto, Japan, 1992, 000.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1992c); Kinematics of intra-arc transpressive shear zones: Examples from the Calabrian Arc (Central Mediterranean). Proceedings of the IGC-92, Kyoto, Japan, 1992, 000.
- van Dijk, J.P. (1992, d); Late Neogene fore-arc basin evolution in the Calabrian Arc (Central Mediterranean). Tectonic sequence stratigraphy and dynamic geohistory. With special reference to the geology of Central Calabria. Geologica Ultrajectina, 92, 288 pp. ISBN 90-71577-46-5
- van Dijk, J.P. (2002a); Introduction. SFERA Inaugural Meeting 2002, Pescara (Italy), Abstracts Volume, pp. 6-11.
- van Dijk, J.P. (2002b); Data Driven Fracture Models. SFERA Inaugural Meeting 2002, Pescara (Italy), Abstracts Volume, Paper 8, pp. 41-45.
- van Dijk, J.P. (2002c); The Project TaskForceMajella. SFERA Inaugural Meeting 2002, Pescara (Italy), Abstracts Volume, pp. 105-113.
- van Dijk, J.P., and Okkes, F.W.M. (1988); The analysis of shear zones in Calabria. implications for the geodynamics of the Central Mediterranean. La Ricerca Scient., Suppl., 68, 24-27.
- van Dijk, J.P., and Okkes, F.W.M. (1989); Central Mediterranean geodynamics. Terra Abstracts, 1, 58-59.
- van Dijk, J.P., and Okkes, F.W.M. (1991); Neogene tectonostratigraphy and kinematics of Calabrian Basins. implications for the geodynamics of the Central Mediterranean. Tectonophysics, 196, 23-60.
- van Dijk, J.P., and Okkes, F.W.M. (1990a); The analysis of shear zones in Calabria. implications for the geodynamics of the Central Mediterranean. Riv. Ital. Strat. Paleont., 96 (2-3), 241-270.
- van Dijk, J.P., and Okkes, F.W.M. (1990b); Neogene tectonostratigraphy, basin kinematics and geohistory of the Calabrian Arc (S. Italy). Its relation to the geodynamics of the Central Mediterranean. Terra Abstracts, 2, 8-9.
- van Dijk, J.P., and Okkes, F.W.M. (1990c); The Central Mediterranean: Kinematics and Geodynamics. Abstracts Volume 9th RCMNS Congress, Barcelona, pp. 129.
- van Dijk, J.P., and Scheepers, P.J.J. (1994); Neogene rotations in the Calabrian Arc. Implications for a Pliocene-Recent geodynamic scenario for the Central Mediterranean. In: Scheepers, pp.J.J. (Ed.). Tectonic rotations in the Tyrrhenian arc system during the Quaternary and Late Tertiary. Geol. Ultraj., 112: 313-350.
- van Dijk, J.P., and Scheepers, P.J.J. (1995); Neogene rotations in the Calabrian Arc. Implications for a Pliocene-Recent geodynamic scenario for the Central Mediterranean. Earth Sci. Rev., 39, 207-246.
- van Dijk, J.P., Barberis, A., Cantarella, G., and Massa, E. (1998); Central Mediterranean Messinian basin evolution. Tectono-eustasy or eustato-tectonics? Annales Tectonicae, 12, n. 1-2, 7-27.
- van Dijk, J.P., Barberis, A., Cantarella, G., Massa, E., and Pescatori, L. (1998); Central Mediterranean Messinian basin evolution. Tectono-eustasy or eustato-tectonics? In: Diliberto, E., Di Stefano, A. and Maniscalco, R. (Eds.). RCMNS Colloquium, Neogene Basins of the Mediterranean Region: Controls and correlation in space and time. Program and Abstracts, Catania, 100-101.
- van Dijk, J.P., Bello, M., Brancaleoni, G.P., Cantarella, G., Costa, V., Frixa, A., Golfetto, F., Merlini, S., Riva, M., Toricelli, S., Toscano, C., and Zerilli, A. (2000); A new structural model for the northern sector of the Calabrian Arc. Tectonophysics, 324, 267-320.
- van Dijk, J.P., Bello, M., Toscano, C., Bersani, A., and Nardon, S. (1997); Tectonic model and 3D fracture network study of the Monte Alpi carbonates (southern Italy). Eurobasin Euroconference, 8th Workshop of the IPL Task Force “Origin of sedimentary basins”, Palermo (Sicily), June 7-13, 1997, Time schedules and basin dynamics. Sicily, the adjacent Mediterranean and other natural laboratories. Program and Abstracts, pp. 125-126.
- van Dijk, J.P., Bello, M., Toscano, C., Bersani, A., and Nardon, S. (2000); Tectonic model and 3D fracture network analysis of Monte Alpi (Southern Apennines). Tectonophysics, 324, 203-237.
- van Dijk, J.P., Cantarella, G., Baruffini, L., Lottaroli, F., Toricelli, S., Bello, M., Pugliese, A., and Toscano, C. (1998); Eocene basin evolution in the Calabrian Arc (Central Mediterranean). In: Lo Cicero et al. (Ed.). Atti del 79° Congresso Nazionale della Società Geologica Italiana, Palermo, v. B., 756.
- van Dijk, J.P., Cavalli, C., Giancipoli, N., Magistroni, C., and Piacentini, I. (1998); Digital cartography in a 3D GIS-CAD environment. Examples from applications in hydrocarbon research. In: Lo Cicero et al. (Ed.). Atti del 79° Congresso Nazionale della Società Geologica Italiana, Palermo, v. B., 757.
- van Dijk, J.P., Cello, G., Gillespie, P., and Marchegiani, L. (2006, in press.); Fault populations and permeablity analysis in porous carbonate grainstones; The Madonna della Mazza quarry, Majella Mountain, Italy. Submitted for publication.
- van Dijk, J.P., Chilovi, C., and Ameen, M. (1999); Relationships between facies, fault and fracture networks, fluid migration and regional structures. In: Ameen, M. (Ed., 1999 Fracture & in-situ stress characterisation of hydrocaron reservoirs. 28-29 June 1999, London, Abstracts Volume.
- van Dijk, J.P., Gillespie, P., Rawnsley, K., Ameen, M., Cello, G., Petit, J.P., Marchegiani, L., Meazza, O., Bonora, E., Pau, S., Assoni, S., and Orsini, R. (2002); A new faulting mechanism in carbonate rocks. Examples from Majella Mountain Anticline, Italy. SFERA Inaugural Meeting 2002, Pescara (Italy), Abstracts Volume, Paper 9, pp. 46-49.
- van Dijk, Janpieter, Pettinelli, Roberto, Ravagnan, Giuliano, Boualem Maache, Boualem, and Khatir, Belaid (2009); A New Structural Model for the Taoudenni Basin; Implications for the Proterozoic – Paleozoic Tectonostratigraphic Evolution of the West African Craton.. Conference Bamako, 2009. Abstract.
- van Dijk, Janpieter (2011); TaskForceMajella: Internationale inspanningen ontsluieren geheimen oliereservoir. GEA, Juni 2011, Vol. 44, nr. 2, pp. 35-59.
- van Dijk, J.P., Affinito, V., Atena, R., Caputi, A., Cestari, A., D'Elia, S., Giancipoli, N., Lanzellotti, M., Lazzari, M., Orioli, N., and Picone, S. (2013); Cento Anni di Ricerca Petrolifera - L'Alta Val d'Agri (Basilicata, Italia meridionale). Atti del 1º Congresso dell’Ordine dei Geologi di Basilicata, “Ricerca, Sviluppo ed Utilizzo delle Fonti Fossili: Il Ruolo del Geologo”, Potenza, 30 novembre – 2 dicembre 2012, pp. 29-76.
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|