FAL Licensing 
1. OBJECT The aim of this license is to define the conditions under which one can use this work freely.
2. SCOPE This work is subject to copyright law. Through this license its author specifies the extent to which you can copy, distribute, and modify it.
2.1 FREEDOM TO COPY (OR TO MAKE REPRODUCTIONS) You have the right to copy this work for yourself, your friends or any other person, whatever the technique used.
2.2 FREEDOM TO DISTRIBUTE, TO PERFORM IN PUBLIC You have the right to distribute copies of this work; whether modified or not, whatever the medium and the place, with or without any charge, provided that you: attach this license without any modification to the copies of this work or indicate precisely where the license can be found, specify to the recipient the names of the author(s) of the originals, including yours if you have modified the work, specify to the recipient where to access the originals (either initial or subsequent). The authors of the originals may, if they wish to, give you the right to distribute the originals under the same conditions as the copies.
2.3 FREEDOM TO MODIFY You have the right to modify copies of the originals (whether initial or subsequent) provided you comply with the following conditions: all conditions in article 2.2 above, if you distribute modified copies; indicate that the work has been modified and, if it is possible, what kind of modifications have been made; distribute the subsequent work under the same license or any compatible license. The author(s) of the original work may give you the right to modify it under the same conditions as the copies.
3. RELATED RIGHTS Activities giving rise to author’s rights and related rights shall not challenge the rights granted by this license. For example, this is the reason why performances must be subject to the same license or a compatible license. Similarly, integrating the work in a database, a compilation or an anthology shall not prevent anyone from using the work under the same conditions as those defined in this license.
4. INCORPORATION OF THE WORK Incorporating this work into a larger work that is not subject to the Free Art License shall not challenge the rights granted by this license. If the work can no longer be accessed apart from the larger work in which it is incorporated, then incorporation shall only be allowed under the condition that the larger work is subject either to the Free Art License or a compatible license.
5. COMPATIBILITY A license is compatible with the Free Art License provided: it gives the right to copy, distribute, and modify copies of the work including for commercial purposes and without any other restrictions than those required by the respect of the other compatibility criteria; it ensures proper attribution of the work to its authors and access to previous versions of the work when possible; it recognizes the Free Art License as compatible (reciprocity); it requires that changes made to the work be subject to the same license or to a license which also meets these compatibility criteria.
6. YOUR INTELLECTUAL RIGHTS This license does not aim at denying your author's rights in your contribution or any related right. By choosing to contribute to the development of this common work, you only agree to grant others the same rights with regard to your contribution as those you were granted by this license. Conferring these rights does not mean you have to give up your intellectual rights.
7. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES The freedom to use the work as defined by the Free Art License (right to copy, distribute, modify) implies that everyone is responsible for their own actions.
8. DURATION OF THE LICENSE This license takes effect as of your acceptance of its terms. The act of copying, distributing, or modifying the work constitutes a tacit agreement. This license will remain in effect for as long as the copyright which is attached to the work. If you do not respect the terms of this license, you automatically lose the rights that it confers. If the legal status or legislation to which you are subject makes it impossible for you to respect the terms of this license, you may not make use of the rights which it confers.
9. VARIOUS VERSIONS OF THE LICENSE This license may undergo periodic modifications to incorporate improvements by its authors (instigators of the “Copyleft Attitude” movement) by way of new, numbered versions. You will always have the choice of accepting the terms contained in the version under which the copy of the work was distributed to you, or alternatively, to use the provisions of one of the subsequent versions.
10. SUB-LICENSING Sub-licenses are not authorized by this license. Any person wishing to make use of the rights that it confers will be directly bound to the authors of the common work.
11. LEGAL FRAMEWORK This license is written with respect to both French law and the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
If you do all of these things, you do not have to seek special permission to use the image, although I appreciate it if you let me know when and how the images are used. For any other use, alternate terms must be negotiated with me. Please contact me or email me with your specific request. See below for some examples.
In a few of my images I use the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike (CC-By-Sa) license. This license mainly differs from the GFDL in that merely providing a web link is sufficient to satisfy the copy of the license requirement. If an image is not already licensed under these terms, you must ask for permission.
Since the FAL is too restrictive for many uses, I will also license almost all of my images for commercial publications for reasonable, standard stock photography fees. The exact fee depends on things like size, placement, and distribution.
Private, Non-Profit, Non-Commercial 
If you'd like to use the image for limited, non-commercial, non-profit and/or private usage, I'll often approve with fewer restrictions. Just ask.
Other Free Content Licenses 
If you'd like to use one of my images under a different license, such as the Creative Commons By-ShareAlike license, just drop me a line explaining your situation. For personal philosophical reasons I don't license all of my pictures under these licenses, but I'll usually allow it on a case-by-case basis.
Based on this guide by Alx 91.