Goal of the project
This project is about cultural heritage (natural heritage can be added if there is interest). The goal is to identify officially recognized cultural heritage monuments in all countries of the world, to create articles about these monuments in different languages, and to provide sufficient illustrative coverage of these monuments.
The issues related to cultural heritage in Wikimedia Movement came into prominence with the serious of contests of photographs "Wiki Loves Monuments" (WLM).
- The first contest was held in 2010 in the Netherlands;
- In September 2011, the contest was held at the international level. 19 European countries participated, with over 169,000 photos submitted.
- In September 2012, the new edition of WLM went worldwide and included, among others, such countries as Ghana, Panama, and the Philippines.
- In 2013, the contest is planned for September as well.
Parent categories by alphabet
- List of all pages within Commons:WikiProject Arts brought to you by the server
(may be to give links from Wikipedia)