|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
OK, I admit that I've violated the Wikimedia rules that forbid files whose commercial use is not permitted to be placed here. (Albeit I don't understand why a non-profit organisation would insist on commercial use, but that's another matter.) However, whose copyright I violated and how, given that I fulfilled the requirements of the place where I took it, and placed a reference, I don't understand. Anyway, I am not a lawyer and don't understand legalese, so I guess that's just normal.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:32, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Панарин.png is uncategorized since 19 April 2009.