More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images and other files on Commons must be under a free license and should be useful to the Wikimedia projects. To allow others to use your files, some additional information must be given on the description page. Most importantly:
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another Wikimedia user, link to the person's local user page. Best to use CommonsHelper.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a copyright tag - images without an appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate categories, so it can be found by others. To find out where an image belongs, you can use CommonsSense.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki. Use CommonsHelper.
You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more information, follow the Commons:First steps guide. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the Help desk.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Nanatugamagodan falls.jpg was uncategorized on 23 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:04, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Kofu kobai.jpg was uncategorized on 11 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:19, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Yamanashi-oka shrine Koriishi .jpg was uncategorized on 12 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Yamanashi-oka shrine №2.jpg was uncategorized on 12 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Yamanashi-oka shrine №1.jpg was uncategorized on 12 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Eishoin№3.jpg was uncategorized on 18 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:06, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Eishoin№1.jpg was uncategorized on 18 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:06, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Eishoin№2.jpg was uncategorized on 18 March 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:06, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Yamanashi Gakuin Kindergarten.JPG was uncategorized on 17 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Yamanashi Eiwa College front gate.JPG was uncategorized on 17 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Yamanashi-Prefectural road route 102.JPG was uncategorized on 1 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Sakaori-station north and south free underground passage.JPG was uncategorized on 1 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:The art museum of the Mokujiki sculptor.JPG was uncategorized on 4 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:30, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Tatomi post office.JPG was uncategorized on 4 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:30, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Koikawa post office where cultural assets are old.JPG was uncategorized on 4 May 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:30, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
山梨県の色々な画像の投稿御苦労さまです。これらの画像ですが、付与するカテゴリ（"Category:xxx" という部分）のほとんどに問題があるようでして、第三者から見てそれらの画像を発見することが困難となっています。原則として、風景の画像であれば必要なのは、a)該当する市町村（例えば、甲府市なら、"Category:Kofu, Yamanashi"）、または京都市のようにさらに細かい区分がある場合はそちら（例：右京区なら "Category:Ukyo-ku, Kyoto"）、b)映っている建物や風景が何なのか 〔神社なら "Category:Shrines in Yamanashi prefecture" 〕 の2つとなります。例えば、貴殿が投稿されましたFile:Yumura-hot spring street Kofu-city.JPGの場合、必要なのはCategory:Kofu, Yamanashi、Category:Hot springs of Japanで、それ以外は基本的に不要です。またカテゴリは機械的に付与すれば良いものでもなく、例えば甲府市のカテゴリに雑多な風景写真が何十枚もあれば検索性が低下しますので、（もし枚数の増加が予測されるならば）必要に応じて、甲府市の神社、甲府市の商店、甲府市の家屋、（同じ神社の画像が何枚もあるなら）○○神社、などのサブカテゴリの作成が必要となります。
また写真の質も重要な条件となります。御自身の発表作としてはFlickrあたりに一括アップして頂き、権利を CC-BY または CC-BY-SA に設定された上で、その使用を望む人があればWikimedia Commonsへの移動を許可されるといった方法もあります。情報が整理されていないもの、写真としての出来がもう一つのものなどは第三者が適切に利用できず、却って検索性を損なうことがあります。恐れ入りますが以上の点、御協力の程よろしくお願いいたします。--トトト (talk) 07:40, 4 May 2010 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R2 Announcement
Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: Deutsch, Ελληνικά, English, français, magyar, italiano, македонски, 日本語, русский, svenska
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the second round of the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category have continued to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 2 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.