Feel free to leave message for me here; I will probably see them sooner if you leave a note on my Wikipedia User Talk page.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:35, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Ferodo Bridge Camden Road.JPG was uncategorized on 28 September 2009.
Given the extrem similarity of this photo with http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/largerimage.php?mkey=mw93942 including some random details like the wrinkles of the jacket on the left (from viewer) shoulder I think that this image is not anonymous but that the author is simply not mentioned in the publication. The author appears to be Walter Stoneman, died 1958. --Martin H. (talk) 23:30, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
- Opps, thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't spotted that. They do look rather too similar, I'll tag it for deletion. -- AJR | Talk 23:47, 23 July 2010 (UTC)