Sagina procumbens a3.jpg
Ephemeroptera on Equisetum arvense.jpg
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:56, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Fritillaria involucrata 16052003 3.JPG was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Digitalis micrantha21062003 rosette.JPG was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Digitalis micrantha21062003 2.JPG was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Primula grandis picture
Dear Abalg, together with a few colleagues, I am writing on a scientific paper on Primulas and am looking for a Primula grandis picture to form part of a general "morphological diversity of this group" figure at the beginning. I would like to ask if you would allow me to use your nice grandis picture that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. I would of course acknowledge you as the source of that photograph if you allow me to use it and are willing to divulge your name. I will not directly earn any money from the publication. You can contact me under firstname.lastname@example.org if you want. Regards, Alexander SL
- Dear Alexander,
- I am very honor to be able to return it modest service to your scientific community. There is no problem : you can use these images (File:Primula grandis (2).JPG and File:Primula grandis.JPG according to the terms indicated by the license Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike. Namely: you are free to share and remix the image under the attribution and share alike conditions. Here is my name: Adrien Benoit à la Guillaume. Good continuation to you. Regards. Adrien
Votre photo intitulée 'Barrage_du_plan_d'aval,_Aussois,_Vanoise.JPG' représente en fait le Plan d'Amont (Plan d'Aval est un peu plus au sud.) Pouvez-vous la renommer ? Étant peu versé dans la technique de wikipédia, je sais pas si c'est possible.
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
|File:Mongolie cheval przewalski.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
|File:Affiche du bal du rat mort.JPG has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.