Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:36, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- Image:20 witkiewicz.jpg is uncategorized since 4 May 2009.
- Image:Rubensad.jpg is uncategorized since 10 May 2009.
- Image:Lutniarz.jpg is uncategorized since 23 May 2009.
- Image:Rubens i nicolas.jpg is uncategorized since 26 May 2009.
- Image:Albert-rubens.jpg is uncategorized since 26 May 2009.
- Image:Peter Paul Rubens - Boy with Bird.jpg is uncategorized since 26 May 2009.
- Image:Studium cechu.jpg is uncategorized since 26 July 2009.
- Image:St louis, st george and the princess-large.jpg was uncategorized on 23 May 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:35, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
Please correct your faults on your page here. Do you know English in an intermediate level? I'm sorry, I don't think so.
PPP 184.108.40.206 22:14, 31 October 2009 (UTC)
|File:Mather Rembrandt.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Adamt, you copied this image across from Wikipedia to Commons, even though it states quite clearly that the author (note that this means exactly what it says) is Bishonen. Let me repeat, the author of this work is not Leonardo da Vinci.
Since you copied it, it has been taken for real, and used in two different articles. You need to get it off Commons ASAP.