More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:GoldenSummit.JPG was uncategorized on 27 December 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Inscribed bamboo-slips of Sun Bin's Art of War.jpg was uncategorized on 1 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Inscribed bamboo-slips of Art of War.jpg was uncategorized on 1 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Commentaries of the Analects of Confucius.jpg was uncategorized on 1 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Displaying error in Macau.png was uncategorized on 4 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
Why should we delete this?
This deletion debate is now closed. Please do not make any edits to this archive. You can read the deletion policy or ask a question at the Village pump. If the circumstances surrounding this file have changed in a notable manner, you may re-nominate this file or ask for it to be undeleted.
- Why? --Mbdortmund (talk) 08:48, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
- CommentThis is the second request by this uploader -- see Commons:Deletion requests/File:TDKCD-R.jpg, so "Why" is a good question. Jim . . . . Jameslwoodward (talk to me) 13:19, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
An Invite to join Aviation WikiProject
|File:Satellite map of CTU.png has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
File tagging File:Tibet Daily.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Tibet Daily.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (