More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate topic pages, categories, optionally galleries, or both of them (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
- Image:Montana Relief 1.jpg is uncategorized since 24 November 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 22:31, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Montagessuck.png was uncategorized on 4 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:AlexiusHoratiusUserpageImage1.png was uncategorized on 25 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 26 January 2012 (UTC)
- On the second one, I added Category:User-created GFDL images to it when I uploaded it. It's simply a stupid little thing I made for a userbox on my userpage on WP; not sure if adding a bunch of categories would help that many people. AlexiusHoratius (talk) 16:24, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
File:Ecclesiastical Province of Milwaukee map 1.png
- Fixed, I think. Let me know if there are any other issues. AlexiusHoratius (talk) 22:21, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
Hi, i am working on revample the Roman Catholic Diocese of Mangalore on Wikipedia. Would you be interested in making a map for the Mangalore Diocese, like the one you made for the Diocese of Brooklyn? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Joyson Prabhu Holla at me!
- I probably can, but you'll have to give me really specific instructions as I don't know much about Indian geography or how its subdivisions are organized. From the article, I think I understand what "Dakshina Kannada" and "Udupi" are, but I'm confused as to what "Kasaragod taluk" specifically refers to (in other words, how it differs from "Kasaragod district".) AlexiusHoratius (talk) 06:06, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R2 Announcement
Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: Deutsch, Ελληνικά, English, français, magyar, italiano, македонски, 日本語, русский, svenska
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the second round of the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category have continued to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 2 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2013 Picture of the Year contest.