User talk:Altairisfar/Archive I
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Welcome to the Commons, Altairisfar!
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 23:25, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for your support. Regret inconveniance caused. --Stunteltje (talk) 22:02, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
|This user has been blocked
The reason for the block is available in the . The administrator listed in the can give you further information.
See also the contributions of this user or the in order to find out why this user has been blocked.
- First of all. It is absurd of you to allege that there was ‘’no intention’’ by you ‘’to intimidate or to harass’’. What did you then mean by calling a User „Fucker“ in the edit summary? Please keep the facts in mind and tell them correctly! I have not deleted a category that you have created. I have just re-categorized an image that was uploaded by you but this image was only in a category that did not exist by then. Considered retrospectively that was not even a mistake and such thing are very easy to be changed. That’s all. Reverting my edit to replace it with a deeper category is highly appreciated and it was OK by you to create a better, deeper one. But the comment of you that was stated in the edit summary was highly inappropriate and abusive of you. Due to the fact that you are active on Commons since September 16, ‘’’2007’’’ with more than 3000 edits and several hundred file uploads, you must know that such rude and insulting behaviour is whether accepted on any Wikimedia Project or anywhere else in the world. That behaviour definitely has consequences here on Commons. --High Contrast (talk) 18:43, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- So you're stating that your block is punishment for behavior that you didn't like? What happened to blocks being designed to be a preventative measure and not a punitive one? Your block is a misuse of administrator tools and does more to damage Commons than my edit summary. Altairisfartalk 20:02, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- Writing "fucker," in the edit summary was inappropriate but I don't feel that it warranted my account being blocked. It was an expression of frustration of having to go back and replace the category on my image and was not an attempt to insult, intimidate, harass, or defame you. I would think, but maybe am mistaken, that blocking someone for harassment would at least involve talk pages, malicious edits, and such, rather than one rude edit summary in two years. Cheers. Altairisfartalk 21:03, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- Given Altairisfar previous history of constructive edits and uploads, and Altairisfar's apology for the improper edit, I am reducing the block from indefinite to 1 week. I will give Altairisfar the benifit of a doubt; some people swear to express frustration -- while still inappropriate in this context, I'll assume it was not intended as a deliberate attack. Altairisfar, please do understand that some people WILL assume this sort of comment is meant as a very rude personal insult. In the future I suggest if you are frustrated to the point of profanity, swear to yourself in privacy and refrain from editing until you have calmed down. When you have differences with other editors try to discuss them in a civil manner, thank you. If you have questions about Commons policies or reccomended practices you can't find an answer to, feel free to ask. I look forward to constructive edits from you in the future. Cheers, Infrogmation (talk) 22:01, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- Added for the record, at the request of blocking admin User:High Contrast: before acting I discussed changing the block from indefinite to short term with User:High Contrast, the blocking admin. High Contrast did not object to changing from indefinite to temporary block. The decision to do so and the length of the temporary block were my own call. Infrogmation (talk) 17:19, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
Not excusing my bad behavior on this occasion, but also see this occurrence soon after the above: