More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Chesapeake(LV-116).JPG was uncategorized on 4 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 5 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Michigan Stadium Sept 17,2011.jpg was uncategorized on 18 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Michigan Stadium 2011.jpg was uncategorized on 18 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:MichStadiumAnnArbor.jpg was uncategorized on 18 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
Congratulations AndrewHorne! Your image Image:MichiganStadium2010UConn.JPG was the Wikipedia Random Picture of the Day! Click on this link to see what it looked like. - Presidentman (talk · contribs) Wikipedia Random Picture of the Day 10:53, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Photographer's Barnstar|
|You have some absolutely amazing photographs that make you deserving of this Photographer's Barnstar! As an Ann Arborite and a Michigan student, I'm especially partial to your University of Michigan-related images, but really all your work is fantastic. Thanks so much for enriching Wikimedia Commons! Michael Barera (talk) 13:13, 12 May 2013 (UTC)|