|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Ultimately, the copyright (or lack of it) is on the image itself, not on the uploader. If 70% of the uploads of a user (to say a number) are found to be copyright violations, then the other 30% is usually deleted as well; but not because of "punishment" but because of precaution: it may be likely that such images are copyright violations as well. But it's still a precaution, an asumption, and all asumptions can be trumped by things that are certain.
If a serial copyright violation happens to upload an image that is indeed free, even if done by "accident" rather than by actually understanding what is free and what isn't, then there's no reason to delete the image just because of the conduct of the user. Even so, that doesn't stop to follow the regular way with all other uploads that are not simple geometric shapes, or to keep him blocked if he kept uploading after warnings. Belgrano (talk) 20:49, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
|File:Flag of Putrajaya.svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Hello. I noticed that you created an SVG for Flag of Sint_Maarten. I am involved in a project to put together a repository of flags for all standard registered geographical regions (according to IETF language tag and IANA Subtag Registry). Our main criteria for this repository is that all the flags are available as Public Domain. So far we managed to collect information for 240 out of 246 needed flag which are all available as Public Domain on Wikipedias or Commons. Few examples:
- SZ: File:Flag_of_Swaziland.svg
- TA: File:Flag_of_Tristan_da_Cunha.svg
- TC: File:Flag_of_the_Turks_and_Caicos_Islands.svg
- TD: File:Flag_of_Chad.svg
- TG: File:Flag_of_Togo.svg
- TH: File:Flag_of_Thailand.svg
- TJ: File:Flag_of_Tajikistan.svg
- TK: File:Flag_of_Tokelau.svg
Your file, Flag of Sint_Maarten, is among those 6 which are not release under Public Domain and I'm contacting you to see if it would be possible to re-license this image under PD. Obviously, if you agree to do this, we will make sure that a link-back to Commons page for the image as well as authors' attribution are embedded in the file's metadata fields. We will also provide all the authors of those images collected with a link to the public repository where last version of images are stored. I'd appreciate it if you let me know about the possibility of this. Thank you very much in advance. --Shervinafshar (talk) 00:16, 10 July 2014 (UTC)