User talk:Anonymous Dissident/archive 1
- 1 Formosa, Argentina
- 2 Your signature
- 3 Your userpage
- 4 Pacific Ring of Fire
- 5 User talk:"SeRiOuSLy?™"
- 6 My RFA
- 7 Thanks...
- 8 Speedy
- 9 Re: Category:Coats of arms of the German colonies
- 10 Image:CrossTras.jpg
- 11 Simple English Welcome Page
- 12 Thank you for your trust
- 13 Many Thanks
- 14 Congratulations, Dear Administrator!
- 15 Quick Request
- 16 Deleting "per DEL"
- 17 Allegation on my user page
- 18 Thank you for your support
- 19 Hm?
- 20 Ruining my fun
- 21 Many Thanks
- 22 Image:Motivasi.pdf
- 23 Commons:Deletion requests/Image:Reinhard Tristan Eugen Heydrich.jpg
- 24 Giggy's RfB
- 25 Massive copyvio
- 26 My Request for Adminship
- 27 Commons:Deletion requests/Image:Benidorm19.jpg
- 28 Image:RBMK.Reactor.jpg
- 29 Fotheringhay Castle
- 30 Please link images
- 31 Proof of Copyvio - Image:Ejaculation_educational_ani.gif
- 32 Thanks for the Christmas review!
- 33 Image Tagging Image:G3806.jpg
- 34 Jesteś nikim wiec o tym
- 35 Congratulations
- 36 Commons:Deletion requests/File:HexE6.GIF
- 37 Rollback
- 38 Important proposal
- 39 Rollback
- 40 File:BrisbWaterNSWAus2.JPG
- 41 Rationale for closure of Commons:Deletion requests/File:Kafka.jpg
- 42 Wedge
- Ah, I see. --[[Anonymous Dissident]] 01:39, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
Please check your signature in Commnos, it's not working -- 184.108.40.206 09:01, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
- It is designed to look like raw wikitext, but it does actually link. --[[Anonymous Dissident]] 09:42, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks. --[[Anonymous Dissident]] 02:41, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
Pacific Ring of Fire
I see you left the user a warning. I suggest you don't waste your time on him; I already reported him to the admins. BTW, it's nice to see you around here :-) Happy uploading! --Boricuæddie 04:00, 25 November 2007 (UTC)
- Ahh, thanks for that. You too! :) --[[Anonymous Dissident]] 04:08, 25 November 2007 (UTC)
Whether you supported, opposed, or were neutral, thank you for participating in my RFA, which was successful. I started several days ago on the constructive comments. — Rlevse • Talk • 18:18, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
...for taking the time to comment at my RfA! Videmus Omnia 16:02, 14 December 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, sorry about that, I didn't realise. --[[Anonymous Dissident]] 23:30, 14 December 2007 (UTC)
Re: Category:Coats of arms of the German colonies
- Thanks, and regards. --[[Anonymous Dissident]] 04:59, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
Well, no discussion for four days. Your arguments were fairly clear and, I should say, compelling. Only because of the logo in the picture, it should have been speedily deleted, I think. However, I can restore the image and the discussion if you think that further discussion is needed. I'll do as you want. Best regards --Ecemaml (talk to me/habla conmigo) 15:21, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- AFAIK the administrator that closes a nomination assess the comments and opinions, trying to reflect the consensus. However, in quite clear nominations, there are usually not many opinions. My opinion here (mind that I'm anyway a newby admin) is saving time and effort in obvious nominations leaving the veteran administrators to take care of more complex issues. Best regards --Ecemaml (talk to me/habla conmigo) 21:37, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
Simple English Welcome Page
I don't think it was made clear that the simple English welcome page will be a Simple English Welcome page. —the preceding unsigned comment was added by Anonymous101 (talk • contribs) 08:08, 27 December 2007
Thank you for your trust
Congratulations, Dear Administrator!
Anonymous Dissident, congratulations! You now have the rights of administrator on Commons. Please take a moment to read the Commons:Administrators page and watchlist related pages (in particular Commons:Administrators' noticeboard and Commons:Deletion requests), before launching yourself into page deletions, page protections, account blockings or modifications of protected pages. The majority of the actions of administrators can be reversed by the other admins, except for history merges which must thus be treated with particular care.
EugeneZelenko 15:35, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
- And there's you saying you wouldn't pass - you've had one of the highest amount of support votes I've ever seen! Congrats! Majorly (talk) 16:03, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
- Lar is always so slow at everything... No wonder cabals are able to manipulate him so easily :P — DarkFalls talk 03:58, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
Hi since you're a sysop on mediawiki wiki can you create the account Chris G for me, it's too close to ChrisG for me to create myself but ChrisG hasn't made an edit since 2006. Note:I'm the same Chris G from en_wiki it just you appear to be online here at the moment. --Chris G 01:52, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
- What email should I send it to? --- Anonymous DissidentTalk 02:56, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
Deleting "per DEL"
Allegation on my user page
User ABF has made an unjust allegation that I added material that was not within the scope of this wiki; there is discussion on my talk page and his talk page. I think that he has accidentally made a mistake, because I have only added appropriate material. I feel that user AFB should clearly indicate that he has made a mistake. I have given user ABF an opportunity to re-think, and now I feel that I should report this to an administrator, as I do not want this unjust allegation to remain on my talk page. Snowmanradio 18:56, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
- After I wrote this I read that you are on wiki-hols, so I have reported it at "Commons:Administrators' noticeboard/User problems". Snowmanradio 19:18, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
Thank you for your support
Thank you for your kind expression of confidence and support in my recent – and successful – request for administrator access. I'll endeavour to live up to the community's expectations in me and would appreciate feedback on any mistakes that I may make when using my administrative tools. Best, Sandstein 06:49, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
Ruining my fun
- Well, first of all, it links to nowhere. This image is pretty common, everywhere on Wikimedia, although I really have never seen its use, and I've ever seen it used practically. Personally, I can't see its use here, so I don't really consider it to be within the scope. - Anonymous DissidentTalk 08:17, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Hi Anonymous Dissident, could you give a reason as to why you think that this image should be kept?
It's clearly an official photo taken in Germany, and the uploader doesn't seem to know the author. Why should PD-Japan apply in this case, as Japan is obviously neither the source country of this photo, nor is there any proof that the image was first published there? It's not in the public domain both in the US and Germany, so it does not meet the requirements of Commons:Licensing ("Commons accepts only media [...] that are in the public domain in at least the United States and in the source country of the work"), which you surely know as an admin. --220.127.116.11 10:49, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
- I merely followed consensus in this case; both participants voted keep. To delete would have been going against this. However, your case is compelling, and seems to have a degree of validity. While I could not delete the image outright, I strongly advise you to renominate the image for deletion, in order to achieve a clearer view and wider consensus. Cheers, and have a nice day. --- Anonymous DissidentTalk 06:32, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
I just wanted to say a huge thanks for your support in my RfB. It just closed, and I'm now a bureaucrat. If you ever want to discuss any of my actions, as a 'crat, admin, or plain old user, please don't hesitate to leave a note on my talk page.
- Deleted all uploads and blocked user following multiple warnings. --- Anonymous DissidentTalk 07:07, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
My Request for Adminship
The image was deleted as "out of scope" but was in use at German wikipedia. I hope you don't mind that I undeleted the image again. If there were other reasons for deletion than those given in the RfD and discussion it should probably be renominated for deletion. Best regards, Finn Rindahl (talk) 11:28, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- No worries. I did not realise that it was used for in-scope purposes elsewhere. Cheers, and apologies, --- Anonymous DissidentTalk 11:55, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Ño apologies needed, it was not clear (at least not to me) from the deletion discussion that the image was in use. Re your note at my talk: I forgot to include this link, it was formally requested for undeletion which was how I noticed the discussion. Cheers, Finn Rindahl (talk) 12:08, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
I can't understand your decision to keep this image. The uploading user is obvious the user with the same name from german wikipedia who is known for uploading a copyright violated picture of Kursk Nuclear Power Plant (, ) as well as other copyright violating pictures of power plants and reactors (. Asked, where he had those pictures taken, he stated that the photographer was a 14 year old boy named Dirk Egelkraut and he himself a 46 year old man and they went together on a trip through russia (), even his user page said and still says he himself is Dirk Egelkraut and the images were easy to detect copyright violations ().
Of course the user page on common states that he's Howert Gales from Beaver Valley, USA. Howert ist propably "Howard" false written and even if my English isn't the best, I can see that this guy is obvious not an English speaking person, but a German. As he was asked whether he's the german TZV or not, he answered: "Hello Felix, thnks for the information on my disc. I'm not in the german Wikipedia! I cant speak englisch!" Of course he wanted to write "I can't speak german", but anyway, "englisch" is the german spelling of "english". Then he adjust: "Sorry, but since I was probably prescribed. I wanted to write that I can not German. And please excuse the spelling errors. I come originally from Canada. Therefore, I have this from her dialect. Geetings" "Prescribe" means in german "verschrieben", what also means "misspelled", and that's what he meant there apparently. "I can not German" is german syntax and "I have this from her dialect" doesn't even make sense in Canada.
Overall: You shouldn't trust this user and don't accept his photographs. 14 year old boys can't go into russian power plants and take pictures of RBMK reactors. --Detector (talk) 03:39, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- I followed consensus, and it seemed like tehre was no clear evidence supporting image deletion. If you feel that was wrong, I advise you renominate the image, and state the previous tehre. Cheers, --- Anonymous DissidentTalk 10:30, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- Have a look here please. It`s defenitily a non free. There seem to be an deletion request on the image, but when you follow to the discussion you`re ending in an archive.
- Because I was not aware you were going to create the categories. They were red, so I removed them. Please, in future, create the cats before applying them. --- Anonymous DissidentTalk 16:03, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- But how else I create a category? It is always "red" in the state of creation for some seconds... --Ceterum censeo capitalismum esse delendam (talk) 16:13, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
Hello Anonymous Dissident/archive 1!
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate topic pages, categories, optionally galleries, or both of them (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
- Image:Sysopblockform.png is uncategorized since 27 November 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 09:33, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Sysopprotectform.png is uncategorized since 28 November 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 10:34, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- Image:G3806.jpg is uncategorized since 3 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:39, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Good day! I've categorized the first two files. Hope you don't mind, Anonymous Dissident. Best regards, --Kanonkas(talk) 15:45, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
Proof of Copyvio - Image:Ejaculation_educational_ani.gif
Hi Anonymous Dissident, If you will go here,  you can read my posts to the deletion discussion of Image:Ejaculation_educational_ani.gif and examine the proof that I have uncovered that confirms the video clip is a copyvio. Thanks Infofreak (talk) 06:21, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for the Christmas review!
Hi Anonymous Dissident/archive 1. I would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in my request for adminship, and for the time you have taken to review my profile. As a Christmas present I've just been given the admin tools, for which I'm thankful as well. I have understood all the remarks that have been made during the review period. I will take them into account and begin using the tools with much care, until I gain more experience and self-confidence. Thanks again, and Merry Christmas! --Eusebius (talk) 15:12, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
Image Tagging Image:G3806.jpg
Sorry - I was concerned that we had insufficient proof that copyright in this image had expired; I hadn't noticed this explicitly stated on the website you provided as the source. Mea culpa. --Rlandmann (talk) 04:37, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
Jesteś nikim wiec o tym
Nie mam zamiaru dyskutować z takim g***** jak ty.tarnica00 15:06, 24.03.2009
- I'm sorry, but I don't speak the language you are trying to talk to me in. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 13:44, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Congrats on your appointment as a crat over on enwiki. I'm sure you'll do a great job. Feel free to ask if there's anything your ever unsure about (I presume that neither the interface nor the job has changed much in the last few months). Best wishes, WJBscribe (talk) 16:23, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, thanks a lot, WJB. I'll be sure to take you up on your offer should I be uncertain about something. Hoping things are well with you, —Anonymous DissidentTalk 06:52, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I noticed you closing this DR, but you didn't say anything about the article-like pages and other images by this user. Do you think a separate DR is necessary? Or can I delete those based on this DR? –Tryphon☂ 16:01, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- For the sake of administration, I thought it would be best if you were to lodge another deletion request; although, I doubt it would controversial if you were to just to delete them, as they are clearly scope violations. I'll leave it to your discretion. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 02:28, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- Hey actually I have a question. When I use CommonsHelper, the images are not added to this list. Is there a way to see which images I've transferred to Commons?~ ωαdεstεr16«talkstalk» 03:53, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
I wrote a proposal for equalizing the different picture formats on FPC Please have a look. Best regards --Richard Bartz (talk) 20:37, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- I've granted you rollback, Bibliomaniac15. Hope you don't. Best regards, --Kanonkas(talk) 05:51, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
Rationale for closure of Commons:Deletion requests/File:Kafka.jpg
Hi Anonymous Dissident, you closed this deletion request, but did not provide a rationale for your decision. Can you please share your reasoning? Thanks and best regards, -- ChrisiPK (Talk|Contribs) 16:31, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- My reasoning mirrors the others who commented. I think the request was an open-and-shut case. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 12:33, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- Okay, so you agree with Latebird and Pieter Kuiper that the fact that Wagenbach does not mention the name of the author is sufficient evidence to assume this is an anonymous work? If so, then please indicate this on the file description page. In its current form, the file description is still lacking evidence for why this is assumed to be an anonymous work. Thanks and regards, -- ChrisiPK (Talk|Contribs) 22:23, 1 June 2009 (UTC)