Thank you for providing images to the commons. Please keep in mind that images and other files on the commons must be under a free license and should be useful to the wikimedia projects. To allow others to use your files, some additional information must be given on the description page. Most importantly:
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another wikipedia user link his local user page.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a Copyright tag - images without a appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate Categories, so it can be found by others.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more Information, have a look at Commons:Licensing, Commons:criteria for inclusion and the Community Portal. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the village pump. Thank you. -- Duesentrieb(?!) 09:47, 29 August 2005 (UTC)
Stepper Motor types image
I'm a bit puzzled by your image Image:Stepper_motor_types.svg. What are the coils in the top panel arranged with reference to? Are the red and green boxes north and south poles, respectively? What is the star pattern thingy? What does "Bell" refer to? I have a feeling that your image has a lot of explanatory power for W:stepper_motor but feel that I'm missing the point of it. If you could provide labels and a better caption, the image would be more valuable. Chaiken 22:23, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
I made the image in the middle of understanding.
- Yes red and green are the poles
- The star is soft magnetic pattern, for the reluctance motor
- Bell is the shape of the rotor of some motors. I gets this shape because it is squeezed between so shaped stators ... It called Glocke in German ...
- Label ... Yeah I have some trouble with fonts in SVG. I would be happy If you add some.
Arnero 21:03, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
Thank you for providing images to the Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to the Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate topic pages, categories, optionally galleries, or both of them (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on the Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
Thank you. 188.8.131.52 19:01, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
- Category:Mixed analog and digital circuits
- Thank you Arnero 06:35, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:Swept_wing_B52.svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
I remember that I have looked at the B52 planform, but I cannot remember creating a specific image for it nor trying to upload. There is no image on my harddrive. Maybe while browsing through existing file names in the commons and uploading at the same time I confused some tabs in my browser (it is always the user, not wikipedia). Sorry. Thanks for clearing that up. I hope I did not destroy an existing image, but you would have checked that in the history. Arnero (talk) 06:08, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
|File:Antialias presentation impress.PNG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:39, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Tea laser without traveling wave.svg was uncategorized on 15 October 2009.
- Image:Antialias presentation powerpoint.PNG was uncategorized on 8 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:02, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Front crawl.gif was uncategorized on 9 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:05, 10 August 2010 (UTC)