More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Your spider picture
Your spider is a "jumping spider," a member of the family Salticidae. I don't think it looks angry. Jumping spiders have very good eyesight and they are very curious. Some of them are very bold. If you encounter a bold one it may try to jump onto your finger or onto your camera. Their intention is not to bite but to explore. Whether they are bold or timid, as soon as they notice you they will orient their body toward you. Their intention is to watch what you are up to. If they are not very bold they will run away, but even then they will generally turn around to look from time to time.
You made a good picture. It would have been useful to have some more pictures, especially one from directly above the spider. With just this one view I can't make an identification of genus and species. Patrick Edwin Moran (talk) 15:06, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Bee .jpg was uncategorized on 25 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Pleco1.jpg was uncategorized on 25 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
- Image:PeasFlower.jpg was uncategorized on 25 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Adenium .jpg was uncategorized on 25 January 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Ashish Ghosh.jpg was uncategorized on 22 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 23 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Zuni.jpg was uncategorized on 10 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:00, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
|File:Ashish Ghosh.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়া ফটোগ্রাফি কনটেস্ট-২০১৪-এ আপনি আমন্ত্রিত
সুধী, বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়ার দশ বছর পূর্তি উদযাপনের অংশ হিসেবে কমন্সে বাংলা উইকিপিডিয়া ফটোগ্রাফি কনটেস্ট-২০১৪ শুরু হতে যাচ্ছে। এটি শুরু হবে ১লা সেপ্টেম্বর ২০১৪ তারিখে এবং শেষ হবে ৩১শে অক্টোবর ২০১৪ তারিখে। এই ফটোগ্রাফি প্রতিযোগিতায় অংশগ্রহনের জন্য আপনাকে আমন্ত্রন জানাচ্ছি।