More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 TUSC token 7fb3ff496406989d2ae2229a028518b7
- 2 File tagging File:Tramnetz da.jpg
- 3 The File:Tram map of Toulouse 2014.svg and others contains raster elements
- 4 Unmarking TIFFs
- 5 File:Buy Your Victory Bonds. Color poster. Issued by Victory Bond Committee, Ottawa, Canada., ca. 1917 - NARA - 516338.jpg
TUSC token 7fb3ff496406989d2ae2229a028518b7
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
File tagging File:Tramnetz da.jpg
in the original file information is stated that the file is "own work" of Daniel Jünger user:Djuenger the uploader. Why did you delete this information?
The File:Tram map of Toulouse 2014.svg and others contains raster elements
|Quality issue||The SVG image File:Tram map of Toulouse 2014.svg you uploaded contains embedded raster graphics and is now listed in Category:SVG images with embedded raster graphics. Such images are liable to produce inferior results when scaled to different sizes. If appropriate, please replace the raster graphics with vector graphics. You can either upload an improved version or simply allow the file to be deleted.
In all cases, please do not take this message personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you! --Cwbm (commons) (talk) 10:56, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
Hi, you are making a large number of changes to TIFFs I previously uploaded, removing the template warning about thumbnails. Two issues:
- Could you do these by bot please? It is impossible to filter your changes from watchlists if you are doing these with VisualFileChange.
- Changes like this remove the link from the TIFF to the associated PNG created to be used instead of the TIFF. Could you ensure that a link remains in on the TIFF page please? This will ensure we can do some future house keeping if we want to delete the PNGs as now unneeded variants.
- Hello Fæ,
thanks for your notice. If I knew how to do this work by a bot, I would have done this. It was a hard work to unmark 20.000 files with VisualFileChange. Because of this, I didn't want to touch the files once more, when the now unneeded PNGs will be deleted. This was the reason, why I didn't leave a link to the PNG version. So I'm very glad if you know a means to unmark these files with less effort and I would highly appreciate if you do this work.
Yours --Bürgerentscheid (talk) 19:58, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, VFC does seem a complex way of doing it. I have a busy backlog of stuff at the moment, but I could fairly easily sort out a script for Faebot to delete PNG versions of the HABS TIFFs that were not in use (the ones in use would take more thought). I'll put it on my to-do list to ponder, it may take me a few weeks to get to it. Note that if you ever have a good idea for a bot to do something like this, you will find Commons:Bots/Work_requests a helpful place to find users interested in bot writing. --Fæ (talk) 22:12, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
File:Buy Your Victory Bonds. Color poster. Issued by Victory Bond Committee, Ottawa, Canada., ca. 1917 - NARA - 516338.jpg
|File:Buy Your Victory Bonds. Color poster. Issued by Victory Bond Committee, Ottawa, Canada., ca. 1917 - NARA - 516338.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.