User talk:BORGATO Pierandrea
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, BORGATO Pierandrea!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:1st order loop - pulse response.png was uncategorized on 10 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 11 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:The LOS unlocks the CDR.png was uncategorized on 18 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:2.1 Loop . Filter reference to simulate.png was uncategorized on 22 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 23 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Static gain of comparators.png was uncategorized on 14 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:05, 15 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:USR 2.2.png was uncategorized on 20 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 21 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:USR 2.1.png was uncategorized on 20 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:15, 21 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Error signal 1 - 1.png was uncategorized on 17 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
Thank you for uploading some images!
Did you know that the SVG format is often the best alternative for this type of image? Scalable Vector Graphics have a lot of advantages: They scale better, the file size is usually smaller then raster graphics, and they are easier to modify and translate, helping Wikimedia to distribute knowledge to all of the world. A lot of modern programs support SVG export, though the result is not always what you may expect. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me, a member of the Graphic Lab, or the Graphics village pump. Uploading images in SVG format isn't mandatory, but it would help. (Just to avoid any misunderstandings, please don't just put the raster image into a svg container as embedded raster.) Thanks, and happy editing!
Having applied to the Wikipedia Illustration Lab, I have tried and applied the suggestions i got there.
I need up using Inkscape on .pdf intermediate versions.
Reasonable SVG files came out, but they seem to appear slightly different in Safari and in Chrome.
Please have a look, and give me your comments: