I rarely check my talk page at Commons. If you'd like to recieve a timely response, leave a note on my English Wikipedia talk page.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 14:00, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 07:56, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:3rd Dental Battalion.gif was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:VietPresUnitRib.gif was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:KoreaPresrib.gif was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- The M39 is an update of the M14 DMR version. The mechanical parts are the same it's more the desinge wich differs.--Sanandros (talk) 23:40, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sry but I don't have so good source as u have, so I have to accept these arguments, even if I hoped that u can give me more information on the trigger group and on the gas operating system, 'cause there are the differences of a weapon. The rest u can't reduce them to a weapon.--Sanandros (talk) 08:18, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
|File:MACS24.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
File source is not properly indicated: File:Jtmyers-usmcphoto.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Jtmyers-usmcphoto.jpg, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.