- 1 FP Promotion
- 2 Tip: Categorizing images
- 3 Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 has finished
- 4 Foix
- 5 cher Bastien
- 6 File:Gewehr 1888 - L'illustration 5 avril 1890.jpg
- 7 Corps et Ombres
- 8 Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2012!
- 9 Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
- 10 File:First day cover Cintegabelle.jpg
- 11 Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
The image File:Claudius Lavergne - Saint Louis - Senlis.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Claudius Lavergne - Saint Louis - Senlis.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Tomme du Jura.jpg was uncategorized on 26 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Plaque Alexandre Père & Fils.jpg was uncategorized on 30 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 31 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:L'Isle-Adam Mairie.jpg was uncategorized on 1 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:57, 2 September 2011 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 has finished
- Message delivered by Lucia Bot in 20:32, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
"Surtraitement de l'image. Visible dans la gestion des clairs obscurs et couleur non naturelles. Avec trouble de compression visible sur le ciel et la ligne des arbres du fond". Je te donne l'original de mon commentaire pour ton image en FP, car je ne suis pas sûr de mon anglais. Si tu as garder le ficher Raw, tu pourrais essayer un traitement plus doux... :)--Archaeodontosaurus (talk) 14:18, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
Je fais actuellement une recherche sur le couple Ducrod-Icart et j'aimerais savoir d'ou provient la photo du sculpteur. Elle semble être un détail d'une image plus grande et je suis interessé par l'étude de cette image. Pouvez vous m'en dire (montrer) plus ? cordialement Sébastien
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 17:01, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
Corps et Ombres
- C'est également ce que je me suis dit .... Je vais en ajouter quelques autres. Mais j'avoue que j'ai été passablement bluffé par la qualité de tes clichés ! --BastienM (talk) 19:35, 16 August 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2012!
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 350,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from 36 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.
- Message delivered by the Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 notification system on 21:19, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
|File:First day cover Cintegabelle.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- In other languages: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.