User talk:Bdcousineau/Archives 3

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

upload list oct-nov 2012[edit]

here is the list that we can go with, once we get the bot issues resolved... and the yield sign is removed.

/download/smallman12q1/0069USOfficeofNavalIntelligence.zip

/download/smallman12q1/0268Grand RapidsOral Histories.zip

/download/smallman12q1/0303UofMLawSchoolStudentFile.zip

/download/smallman12q1/0312NSCMeetingMinutes.zip

/download/smallman12q2/0331.zip

/download/smallman12q2/0394.zip

/download/smallman12q5/0314.zip

this will give me quite a lot to do! Thanks for your patience. I have named this chapter of my wiki-adventure tenacity despite the monolith. Have a great weekend, I see a chocolate cake in my immediate future. Oh and my dog is dressing up for Halloween as a cat toy. Bdcousineau (talk) 12:46, 26 October 2012 (UTC)

I'll do them this weekend. There is a NARA project at wikisource wikisource:Wikisource:WikiProject NARA which may be able to do something with the pdfs but I'm not sure how active they are. Happy birthday...and enjoy halloween=DSmallman12q (talk) 00:22, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
So...now that's Sandy has passed through...I'll try and do some of the uploads tmrw.Smallman12q (talk) 23:45, 30 October 2012 (UTC)

uh-oh - hope you weren't blacked out, snowed in or flooded.. thanks for the uploads. I have a big-ish mtg in Ann Arbor on Friday so I can report the progress. Bdcousineau (talk) 13:29, 31 October 2012 (UTC)

It was a cold hurricane, but no serious damage in my area. I fixed User:Bdcousineau/Sandbox3. I'll do the uploads tmrw...was busy with Halloween party. Cheers.Smallman12q (talk) 00:55, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
Progress

Please let me know if table data is fine and I'll upload.Smallman12q (talk) 20:24, 3 November 2012 (UTC)

thank you[edit]

to whoever polished the categories of my recent file uploads. Bdcousineau (talk) 19:14, 31 October 2012 (UTC)

Autopatrol given[edit]

Commons Autopatrolled.svg

Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. INeverCry 02:38, 1 November 2012 (UTC)

Thank you! Deep bow in your direction. Bdcousineau (talk) 15:05, 1 November 2012 (UTC)

copyright pages and Betty's dresses and going to Seattle and Japanese wiki[edit]

We wrote briefly about the Ford Library copyright disclaimer (see Monday Oct 22 in Archives 2) that is showing up as the initial page on the Ford Library pdf docs. I am unclear if the script you mentioned to remove that page from viewer's sight is best done prior to upload or after. Please advise. I'd like to consider having that page not visible, even though as you mention the second pages are often just time-stamps. If this is easiest done later, should it wait til WAY later (when we have a large bunch of pdfs)?

As for the pdf's, is there a way to keep track of how many pages total have been uploaded, or will we just know how many pdf's?

I have more of Betty Ford's dresses to upload (about 25 - and there will be more) at what point do her dresses become un-notable? We have the documentation to prove when she wore them and we are concentrating on those dresses that correspond to a State Dinner (menus/invitations of which we can upload soon). Anyone have guidance?

Next week I'm off to Seattle to a conference where I will attend all the wiki sessions and meet all the rock star level wikipedians HstryQT, SarahStierch, Kaldari, - and sadly Dominic was supposed to be there there, too. Needless to say I am SUPER EXCITED.

We've already hit my final benchmark for this project, as files are being picked up and used in other Wikipedias. The Japanese Wikipedia is using two files so far.

I will work on User:Bdcousineau/Sandbox3 - thanks for getting to it!.

Am proud to report my dog won the top prize with his cat toy costume. Bdcousineau (talk) 15:31, 1 November 2012 (UTC)

If you don't want that first page for the pdfs, it can be removed via a bot (download, remove page 1 its a certain type, reupload). It can be done later or now...doesn't matter. (I'll need to get consensus for getting removing the pages first though...so that would cause a delay.) It's not a big deal to remove the pages if that's what you want.
The number of pdfs uploaded can be tracked. The total pages uploaded can also be tracked.
You don't really need to worry about notability on the commons...that's more for Wikipedia articles. As long as it's not the same shot (or very very similar such as missing button/virtually same angle) its fine. Generally, we don't want redundant x-rated content, but for a presidential dress....25 or more pics are fine.
I've started a summary of this project at outreach:GLAM/Newsletter/October 2012/Contents/USA report. Feel free to expand. You can see this month's newsletter at outreach:GLAM/Newsletter or older ones at outreach:GLAM/Newsletter/Archives.
You may also be interested in outreach:GLAM Bootcamp/US.

Smallman12q (talk) 22:36, 1 November 2012 (UTC)

ok, we will wait on the first-page removal til we get further along and need a break from the action. Will also check w the AnnArbor librarians to see their preferences.

The dresses are all different, I can get started on them shortly after I get back, after I finish the next exhibit set-up... Geez I need an intern!

Thanks for the including us in the newsletter report, I was gazing longingly at that page last month, hoping we'd get onto it, but having to draw the line some where at my incessant self-promotion. I will expand ... Later this month. After the 16th I'm a little freer. I saw the bootcamp page as well, I know Dominic was involved in that I hope he still is.

And revealing my spectacular technological ignorance here - there will be a way to capture the page layout when Fluid Drive Is in that DYK section, right? I'll need to REALLY splash that around in a variety of places. So cool this is all happening, while I seem to sit back.

Can't thank you enough for steering this boat. Bdcousineau (talk) 02:32, 2 November 2012 (UTC)

The simplest way is a screenshot. I've uploaded one to File:Wikipedia main page 2012-11-02.png. I've also archived the page at archive.is and webcitation.org. It's on the main page now. Smallman12q (talk) 13:49, 2 November 2012 (UTC)

Thanks for the DYK page archive. There was lots of excitement about that. I've also put my name on the GLAMBootcamp page. Bdcousineau (talk) 00:47, 3 November 2012 (UTC)

One Michigan Wikipedian-created article relating to the Ford collaboration set to run on English Wikipedia main page tomorrow[edit]

Great news! Arbitrarily0 has created a new article on English Wikipedia based on information (and a photo) from the material donated by the Ford Museum and Library. The article is Operation Fluid Drive, and it is scheduled to run in the "Did you know" (DYK) section of the main page (which is on the left-hand side just below the featured article of the day) between 4am and noon tomorrow (Eastern Daylight Time). This is the first real "article" success of the collaboration so far, and considering that it is running on the main page, I thought you would enjoy seeing it while it is up! I've had a couple DYKs in my career on Wikipedia, but Arbitrarily0 has quite a few, and this one is really special considering that it is directly related to the Ford collaboration. I hope you'll have a chance to see it (and then maybe you can give Arbitrarily0 a little kudos for his hard work, too)! Michael Barera (talk) 00:26, 2 November 2012 (UTC)

I'm. SPEECHLESS. Really. Just in time for a meeting in Ann Arbor tomorrow at 10:30 am. you know the one where I finally get them to ok your internship. This is the best proof possible. Forget uploading,I can see my next task is learn how to spread wiki-love (choc chip cookies, kittens, and barnstars, right?) to the far corners. WOW will the overlords in DC be happy with this!! Stunned. Bdcousineau (talk) 01:57, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
Yeah, giving WikiLove is really quite easy. Just click on the red heart-shaped icon in the top right of another user's page to give him or her a barnstar, cookie, or kitten (it is just to the left of the search bar). I would highly recommend you give Arbitrarily0 something for creating the article and getting it approved at DYK, probably a barnstar (which is generally regarded as a higher level of praise than cookies or kittens: considering that this is going to run on the main page and you're super excited about it, I think it deserves a barnstar). Good luck at that meeting tomorrow: it will be awesome that you'll just be able to show them the live version of the main page and it will have Ford content on it! Also, the article itself will receive a tag on its talk page attesting that it ran on the main page as a DYK along with a timestamp. We won't let it be forgotten, either! Michael Barera (talk) 03:26, 2 November 2012 (UTC)

Done, with pleasure! and also done- your internship! Please do the needed paperwork at SI, and contact my boss for a meeting. They are interested in what you see yourself doing (what we've discussed elsewhere), what you'd like to do. I was told the meeting you'll have is just a formality. dont announce this just yet, ok?

we had long discussions about categorization - they all went pale, because to them it means work they will have to do. One good thing you can do is allay the fears that they will have to oversee/check your categorization work. Don't talk portal yet, talk in terms of making links, verifying articles, finding articles, outreach activities, categorization of whats up already, and - this is key - inserting Ford templates alongside NARA ones. They are scared of batch uploads and how to categorize them - don't talk about that yet, more on that later tonight. Bdcousineau (talk) 22:13, 2 November 2012 (UTC)

Nov 2 mtg outcomes - outreach, intern and future uploads[edit]

Outreach-I've been assigned to do a project update at a UofMI deans meeting in the next months. Attendees will include the head of social media for the university, heads of University Library units, etc. My director already primed them on our project and gave them GLAM handouts and printouts of our artifact uploads. I plan on directing people to their own on- campus resources - Wikipedia:Michigan Wikipedians, duh and doh!

Internship- just about all set. everyone smiling finally. Michael will be setting up a meeting with Librarians # 1 and #2. right Michael? So excited about this!

future uploads- In the future we can only upload what is in the NARA ARC catalog (excepting artifacts). (We have this covered in the current queue). There is descriptive material in each Arc entry that needs to be captured and placed in the summary field - the feeling is that will make each file more searchable - they are assuming that the wiki search engines read that field, and that the categorization on each file is not sufficent for effective searching. I had no way to speak to this either way.

Also, there is a strong concern that when the upload contains 1000's of similar pages (the President's daily dairy for example) there will be no way to make it effectively searchable.

I have access to the NARA upload bot script, hopefully this is a starting place. I looked at many of the NARA uploads and saw no additional descriptions captured by Dominic (what we've done is to a similar depth). This seems complex to me, but of course acted like it would be no problem for you. you are welcome! :)

I think we finish the bunch we've started, Michael and I can do the categorization for them, I can do the next bunch of dresses, and then look at this. Maybe I can talk to Kaldari about this next week , since I doubt I'm explaining it clearly. the good news is there will be DATABASES. Also this can get put off til Michael is in place, then he and I and you can do a three-way conversation.

A parting shot I got was that everyone in DC is watching us, we better do it right! I have no doubt we will exceed expectations, it's already happening. Bdcousineau (talk) 01:25, 3 November 2012 (UTC)

I thought the ARC catalog was getting uploaded by Dominic's US National Archives bot...or has that stopped?
Aside from the descriptions provided in the file page, pdf's and other images can be "read" using w:Optical character recognition (OCR) and hence searched. Google currently "reads" pdf images in this manner and google does index the commons (it also ranks high).
Databases are always good...100x easier/faster upload. It's good to see you get the ball rolling with this collaboration=D.Smallman12q (talk) 02:12, 3 November 2012 (UTC)
Also, please see above #upload list oct-nov 2012.Smallman12q (talk) 20:26, 3 November 2012 (UTC)

#upload list oct-nov 2012[edit]

The table data looks great, upload away!

holy crap, I read US National Archives bot, is there something similar about the Ford upload I need to read? I have no idea if that bot is still running - is there a way to check for your end? I can ask Dominic's boss from my end.

part of US National Archives bot relates to concerns the Librarians have- about including expanded series descriptions on the file page to help with searchability. Admin consensus seemed to be that it made the pages noisey, however the Librarians think no one will find their material within Wikimedia without the added verbiage. This is the next sticking point. I know you mentioned Google and OCR, but I'm still unclear about searching within Commons? I,m way less concerned about the material you've uploaded so far, cuz the titles are discrete ... Like I wrote, it's the press releases, daily diary, etc. coming up.

In Category:Images from the National Archives and Records Administration there are several empty placeholders created for Ford material. Maybe we can delay the above problem by uploading those next - obviously these bunches have the NARA ok, and thus the FordLibrary ok, too. and I won't have to watch my co- workers unhappiness towards me build at another endless mtg. At least Top Librarians #1 and # 2 have solidified their positions - for awhile they were moving from approval to disapproval in the space of a spoken sentence, I was continually off balance and couldn't tell who needed reassurance. I can ultimately ignore my co- workers scowls! Bdcousineau (talk) 23:49, 3 November 2012 (UTC)

I'll do the upload tmrw. I'll place the dates after the name though...it's easier to find that way. Let me know what you want uploaded next.
For User:US National Archives bot you have to check with Dominic. The bot's last upload was on Oct 17th (Special:Contributions/US National Archives bot). The current Ford upload is currently handled by my bot, User:Smallbot and the filing is at Commons:Bots/Requests/Smallbot 5.
People will find and use the material on commons over time. Aside from the description, title, and other provided metadata, the contents of the pdf pages themselves are indexed over time by google and other web spiders. You can prove this to yourself by searching a phrase (a sentence) from a pdf such as File:Vice President and Romanian President Ceausescu (Background material only) (Gerald Ford Library) (002301000) .pdf on google. You'll see the pdf on a .gov website listed in the results. Linking to the files/categories on the wiki also helps them get used/viewed. Wikipedians often browse categories to find relevant content. Typically, images/video gets used more, but pdfs from the commons do get used on the wiki and around the web.
There are several placeholders at Category:Images from the National Archives and Records Administration, but that's for the US National Archives bot upload from ARC. Hopefully office politics isn't too encumbering=P. Cheers.Smallman12q (talk) 02:41, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
✓ Upload complete. Aside from a few (5 or so) files that need to be manually uploaded/moved, the upload for those zips are done. It's ~1200 pdfs. Cheers.Smallman12q (talk) 18:29, 4 November 2012 (UTC)

That is super cool. Thank you!!!! Looking forward to getting started on the categorizing. BTW, does that ~1200 include the previous uploads?

Sent the screen-shot from Friday to people in NARA. Also bloggged about it.

I read all of the discussion on Dominic's pages as he was beginning to upload the NARA materials. Interesting stuff, some of which is useful for our project. Do you all argue that much all the time? It seemed to get kinda contentious. Hope no one ever calls me a troll. Bdcousineau (talk) 16:23, 5 November 2012 (UTC)

It's generally not contentious...though it may appear so. Discussions on the wiki generally have a questioning/skeptical nature...is this right, is this the right way, are you sure... which result in what may appear to be contentious discussions. This and the fact no ones in charge. In the real world, such questioning/uncertainty would be met with...he wants more work?...he wants to give me more work?...did he just ask that?.....who the *&$% suggested that?...what is he doing...etc. On wiki, people try to avoid drama w:wp:DRAMA. Things are resolved through long discussions. ..see w:Talk:Hurricane Sandy. There are heated debates...and the wiki's own w:Wikipedia:WikiSpeak...but you won't come across it unless you're here for a while, or decide to edit controversial topics. On the internet, you can be called all sorts of things (or call someone whatever you want)...welcome to the internetz=P.
If you're interested (or want to cite it), there is a recent dissertation (Sep 2012) NETWORK OF KNOWLEDGE: WIKIPEDIA AS A SOCIOTECHNICAL SYSTEM OF INTELLIGENCE which covers the sociotechnical aspects of Wikipedia.
1200 is for that last batch. You can see how many are uploaded in each table by looking at the source column, and scrolling down to the highest link number.
So...what's next?Smallman12q (talk) 23:38, 5 November 2012 (UTC)

What's next[edit]

Ok, for me, headed to Seattle tomorrow and a session on MediaWiki (which I better read up on first).

howzabout removing those pesky copyright release pages that we've discussed. Easy for you, I know.

The Ford Librarians want the NARA ARC programmers to insert all sorts of metadata into the summary fields of the files as they are uploaded to Wikimedia, I 've explained that there is no one minding the shop right now and doing the uploads.(I did email Dominic's boss about the bot). They are asking me if the metadata can be retrieved from the ARC files, and stuck into an XML database and the given back to Ford Library for our upload. Maybe? I've explained that we are providing the same level of desrptive detail as Dominic has done - see ours vs NARAs it's pretty close. They will be contacting some federal drone at the ARC dept to see about this.

There's also the issue of how some of the PDFs have more than one type of document in the bundle -- see link, and how do we describe what,s in that bundle. I was NOT quick enuf to say we got it like that from the website, where that bundle seems to be ok with them.I will get to that.

I think it's piss off Bdcousineau day, maybe she'll give up this farkakte (take that autocorrect!) project.

But really, NONE of them have asked to look at a page or explore the project' nd thus give me input or discussion based on what s in front of them. Sigh.

My fear is that batch uploads are stalled for now. I'd like to the daily diaries next, if I can get the Librarians to look at nARAs version of them, but I think Top Librarian #1 wants to do small uploads based around sexy content areas.

Is there something you'd like to do that you know about and I don't?

It is helpful for me to try to write out what I've had discussions about during the day, so thanks for the forum. Bdcousineau (talk) 02:04, 6 November 2012 (UTC)

I'll file a request for removing that first page of certain pdfs. Aside from pdfs, are there any images you'd like batch uploaded? Let me know when this gets resolved.Smallman12q (talk) 01:15, 7 November 2012 (UTC)

Anorak[edit]

WikiSpeak is pretty effing funny. Thanks. still rolling on the floor. Bdcousineau (talk) 02:20, 6 November 2012 (UTC)

New mission, should you choose to accept it[edit]

the fun news first ~ I'm not a trekkie, but got to see Lt. Uhuru's uniform at a museum ... that was notable. Carp, could've uploaded a pic to Commons.

newMission: we need to round up all the NARA docs/photos previously uploaded that are from the Ford Library. I'd like to see a list, or table or whatever; somehow can you tell me what they are so we don't re-upload later.

we then need to replace the NARA institution tags with the Ford Lib tags - our thinking is the materials reside at the Library, not in DC. People interested in the materials contact the Ford Library, not the Archives in DC. If they do contact NARA DC, they are instructed to contact Ann Arbor. Let's direct them there right away.

Is this some thing that the Community needs to comment on? This feels like an edit, but also like an inter-agency fight, which it really is. What do you think? Those of us in the field have a long standing resistance to NARA DC sending us "one size fits all" edicts. We tend to ignore them. I have Top Librarian support on this one, but I would like Wikipedians to comment on, too. Foroa and Jim have commented on NARA work before, and also mine. Also Michael should have a chance to comment, as the just-about-to-be-Wikipedian in R. (lots of happiness at this at the Conference - I halted the tweets just in time, saying not official yet).

Then we need to make sure those docs are connected by category to the Ford project, ie keep the NARA category, but inset the Ford Library cat as well, so the pages show up in our project page.

Finally, for the NARA uploaded pages, we need to insert our cooperation tag above the NARA cooperation tag. Let's not remove that one, just put ours in top position.

I keep writng "we" but really, its you. Does this interest you? I'll have Michael do it if you're not interested. If you are interested let me know, and I'll invite Foroa , Jim and Michael over to discuss. Bdcousineau (talk) 15:18, 8 November 2012 (UTC)

I could make a list of all files in certain categories, but I'm not sure how else to find all the stuff from the Ford Library. If you attempt to upload the exact image/file, the wiki will tell you it already exists, and give you the filename. If a list/category of files with the NARA tag is generated, the FORD tag could be placed in all these files. So basically, I need the categories (or top category) which hold the FORD files. I'm not very familiar with the category scheme used, so this is something michael can tell. (Also, the use of "we" stems from the notion of the collective w:commons after which this wiki is named. It's somewhat like the w:Borg (Star Trek)#Assimilation=P ).Smallman12q (talk) 00:00, 9 November 2012 (UTC)

and then also [[1]]

if we generate a list of all the files with NARA tags, we'll need to sort for the Ford materials. Is that possible? I think our top category is a hidden one, Ford Media. NARAuploads include Ford 1 and Ford2. Let me look around some more, there is another page where NARA has material listed .... so you are comfortable removing NARA's institution tag and inserting the Ford's? Darn, I was hoping to be called [[2]] or something.

There was also a Tribble in that exhibit. Just one lonely Tribble. Bdcousineau (talk) 05:19, 9 November 2012 (UTC)

You sure you want to remove NARA's institution tag? It'd be easier to just put the FORD one on top. Tribbles...they always reminded me of w:Gremlins.Smallman12q (talk) 21:43, 9 November 2012 (UTC)

User:Bdcousineau/Sandbox5[edit]

User:Bdcousineau/Sandbox5 contains the list of NARA uploaded materials

see there for my best case scenario

respond here with comments, thanks Bdcousineau (talk) 16:42, 9 November 2012 (UTC)

I can work with those categories that have files and add in an institution tag and partnership template. The templates automatically add in the top category. I'll file a bot request this weekend.Smallman12q (talk) 21:35, 9 November 2012 (UTC)

thanks! yes, we'd like to remove the NARA institution tag, since none of the Ford materials reside in DC. Aslo we're clear in our partnership template that the Ford Lib is part of NARA, so we're good! This we is me and my Ford compadres, not me and my Wiki-villagers ...

Did you read and understand the msg from the Wikisource user on Michael's page?

I'll work tomorrow and Monday with the pdf's in the tables. And then alert the WikiPoject History that we have materials up to start using.

Two things: in Seattle I connected with co-worker from the LBJ Library, none of their digitized files are in ARC, and they will most likely upload them to Commons anyway. This action will make it safer for Ford Top Librarians #1 and #2 to consider doing the same, eventually. And this will allow us to upload the Ford photo archives, which is not yet in all in ARC. This LBJ staffers knows some of my scowly-faced coworkers at the Ford, and she will end-run them and turn them into happy wiki-helpers...bonus for me.

Second, I talked to Dominic, and we covered that the uploads he did were not categorized by him (other than the hidden cats), but got categorized by the users. He has a template

and then when a user categorized the file, the template fell off and a cat was born. Is it way too late to do something like this to our pdf's? I see that the template has conformed to my talkpage (smart!) ~ see his  here. 

Progress, or at least activity! Bdcousineau (talk) 23:43, 10 November 2012 (UTC)

That can be done. I'll remove that 1st page of certain pdfs, replace the partnership tag, and add a custom categorized template to categorized files. Not sure why you guys haven't placed digital files into ARC or other db...but the commons welcomes such files=D. I'm not really sure how the {{book}} template is applicable. We don't have much metadata (just a title most of the time) and the pdfs aren't really in book format. I'm going to be busy tmrw and early this week with some rl stuff, but I'll get task done sometime this week/weekend. Cheers.Smallman12q (talk) 02:10, 11 November 2012 (UTC)

Well, the photo archivist is a lazy troll, obviously. I would love to hand over that collection, but need to move with care; my bosses for now want to follow NARA directives, and only upload what's in ARC. Dominic let something slip - NARA DC didn't want the field agencies to do anything in Wikipedia, hence the complete lack of communication/friendliness.

More metadata will be coming your way soon, with the next batch to upload. Have a great week Bdcousineau (talk) 02:52, 11 November 2012 (UTC)

All the recent uploads[edit]

All the recent uploads you did are now at Category:Documents at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library and Museum. I've asked Michael to begin to categorize if he has time.

My next task is to find materials to put into the empty placeholders that NARA/Dominic created. Bdcousineau (talk) 23:57, 13 November 2012 (UTC)

All the recent uploads[edit]

All the recent uploads you did are now at Category:Documents at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library and Museum. I've asked Michael to begin to categorize if he has time.

My next task is to find materials to put into the empty placeholders that NARA/Dominic created. Bdcousineau (talk) 23:57, 13 November 2012 (UTC)

✓ Done I've already categorized this batch. They were really easy because they were all PDF files in English. Michael Barera (talk) 23:50, 14 November 2012 (UTC)

Wow, that took you like all of two seconds! Thanks. Bdcousineau (talk) 02:12, 15 November 2012 (UTC)

Ah, the magic of cat-a-lot: it is the perfect tool for adding or moving large numbers of similar files to the same category at the same time. It has proved really useful for both the Ford project and the broader NARA categorization I've also been working on! Michael Barera (talk) 19:35, 15 November 2012 (UTC)

lately[edit]

I've been trying to drum up interest in the recent batch upload of docs/pdf's. I've sent links to select users - about 75? - from the following lists:

Wikipedia:WikiProject U.S. Presidents/Members Wikipedia:WikiProject Politics Wikipedia:WikiProject International relations Wikipedia:WikiProject United States Government Category:Wikipedians interested in United States Presidents

I have a few more lists to go. Not a lot of response yet. It's pretty crucial that I can show that the pdf's are getting some use, or I will lose the battle to upload more of them.

The conversation about batch uploading the photographs is still to come.

Smallman12q are we still in a holding pattern for the Ford institution tag insertion/Ford cooperation template addition to the docs Dominic uploaded? Last time I checked one of them we were.

An article I wrote about this project was run in the NARA intranet and picked up and pushed out to the public - about 50,000 fb/tumblr followers saw it.

My next big hurdle is a 10 person phone call Dec 5 with people in Ann Arbor and DC...conservative suit and shoes, ready!

I would like to be able to show that we've put our institution tags in place of NARA's in those docs as we've discussed, also, I will sell them on the idea that the empty categories that Dominic started need to be filled |ike this one. And then onto the photographs... Bdcousineau (talk) 02:07, 17 November 2012 (UTC)

I've filed Commons:Bots/Requests/Smallbot 6 for the template fix, page removal, and whatnot. Been busy in rl...so was delayed. The pdfs will get used...but it takes some time, . In general, pdfs are used a lot less then pictures on the wiki. You could ask Michael and the UMich wikipedians to put them in relevant articles. Images/video will get a lot more usage. Good luck in your meeting with the suits=). Cheers!Smallman12q (talk) 03:48, 18 November 2012 (UTC)

Thx for the update. I agree about images getting more exposure than docs in articles. I'll 'pretend' to concede on future doc uploads to 'win' batch uploading photographs. OMG, I'm becoming wikt:politic Bdcousineau (talk) 00:34, 19 November 2012 (UTC)

Good luck with that...office politics are always a chore. Also, please reply at Commons:Bots/Requests/Smallbot 6. Smallman12q (talk) 22:58, 19 November 2012 (UTC)

Publicity[edit]

I posted a request at the Signpost (Wikipedia's newspaper) to request that they mention your efforts in the next Signpost issue.[3] Take care, -- Uzma Gamal (talk) 13:31, 17 November 2012 (UTC)

Thank you for the consideration! I am indebted to my team, Smallman12q,Michael Barera and the Wikipedia:Michigan Wikipedians Bdcousineau (talk) 22:00, 17 November 2012 (UTC)