User talk:Bdesham/Archive 4
- 1 I used one of your images on my blog
- 2 Quality Image Promotion
- 3 Copyright use on your image.
- 4 CBC-MAC image
- 5 Quality Image Promotion
- 6 Dining philosophers image
- 7 American Falls image used
- 8 Thanks!
- 9 Thanks
- 10 Useful Info, Thanks
- 11 Thank you for chat bubbles.
- 12 Thanks for the Chat Bubbles
- 13 Using Mercury emissions image
- 14 Thanks
- 15 Used Fifth Ave image
- 16 Image Use
- 17 Ring of Fire
- 18 Image modified
- 19 Red-Green color blind
- 20 Thanks
- 21 Picture usage
- 22 Countries driving on the left or right / indonesia
- 23 Third Eye Blind
- 24 Used your image
- 25 Tip: Categorizing images
- 26 Chrysanthemum
- 27 using image: statue of King Alfred, Alfred University
- 28 chat bubbles svg
- 29 Hello - I used your image...
- 30 Used your image
I used one of your images on my blog
Dear Benjamin D Esham,
Thank you for putting your image of a drainage basin into the public domain on Wikimedia Commons. I've just used it in my blog, Carbon Based, in a story about nitrogen run-off excerpted from Science Daily.
All the best,
220.127.116.11 03:08, 1 February 2009 (UTC)Brian Thomas, January 31, 2009
Quality Image Promotion
Congratulations! File:Spaceship Earth at night.jpg, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
Copyright use on your image.
I have been asked to create a shirt for a High School music group that is going to Disney World to do a show, and I thought using your image (in its silhouette form) would be great.
I have designed the shirt around your image's silhouette, please let me know if that is ok with you, and what you think about that being on a shirt from Disney's copywright standpoint.
I can easily email you a proof of what I plan to make, just let me know.
- Hi tv,
- You should be fine to use my image. Please e-mail me or give me your e-mail address so that we can talk further.
Hi Bdesham, I've used your image in a slide in a talk about the TinyOS, sensor networks, and security. Thanks very much for making it available. firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Image Promotion
Congratulations! File:Cabin at Allegany State Park.jpg, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
Dining philosophers image
I've used your Dining Philosophers image in a lecture at The University of Manchester School of Computer Science, thanks a lot!
18.104.22.168 17:47, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I used your image of a document (after modifying it to include a magnifying glass) on our new look Doxmart site. Check it out soon.
Hi, I used the image for an exercise class at the Universität zu Lübeck (Germany). Thanks, Michael
American Falls image used
Hi, Bdesham. I've uploaded your File:American Falls with rainbow and the Maid of the Mist.jpg to wikitravel:shared:Image:American Falls with rainbow and the Maid of the Mist.jpg for use on the Wikitravel article on Niagara Falls. I really like the composition! Powers (talk) 16:37, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
i'm using your inertial fusion image for my physic college program. Thanks!
I used your image comparing light bulb efficiencies for a first year earth studies essay: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Electricity_use_by_lightbulb_type.svg 22.214.171.124 07:47, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Useful Info, Thanks
I will be using this graph for a technical report for an enginering course. I hope you don't mind. It is a second year course, so I will not be using it for anything inappropriate.
Thank you for chat bubbles.
Thank you for sharing your image Chat bubbles.svg. I am planning to use it in a blog post in my personal blog http://masayangtupa.blogspot.com
Thanks for the Chat Bubbles
Hey, thanks for releasing the coloured chat bubbles to public domain, they're perfect as an image for a new group on Facebook dedicated to random chats and discussions! 126.96.36.199 20:18, 22 March 2009 (UTC) 22/03/2009
Using Mercury emissions image
Hi, I am using your image "Mercury emissions by light source" in our "Fermilab Sustainable Energy Club" newsletter. Thank you for sharing your work.
I have saved your global-thinking image to use on a poster promoting information literacy. Thanks!
Used Fifth Ave image
4/15/09 I used used your Fifth Ave image in my English class for a PowerPoint Quiz on the Great Gatsby. Thanks! 188.8.131.52 21:51, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
Ring of Fire
Hi, I was interested in the ring of fire event, could you direct me to any information in regards to participating and vacationing there during this event?
- Try looking at w:Ring of Fire or searching the web for "Conesus Lake tourism". --bdesham ★ 23:27, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
Hello, I have slightly modified your File:Network_Time_Protocol_servers_and_clients.svg, suppressing "stratum 0" indication, according to what I found in RFC1305:
- Following conventions established by the telephone industry [BEL86], the accuracy of each server is defined by a number called the stratum, with the topmost level (primary servers) assigned as one and each level downwards (secondary servers) in the hierarchy assigned as one greater than the preceding level.
Red-Green color blind
I was wondering if you could change the color of the arrows this image  to something other than red or green. It is a bit hard to discern for the color blind out there! Thanks! 184.108.40.206 15:49, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for the beautiful photo of the Disney Illuminations of Earth. I used it on an invitation for a gathering we are having there! Jodi
Hello BD Esham. I love your photos of Space Ship Earth at Epcot and will use the one posted on the Wikipedia entry for SSE (Epcot) in my commentary on the Appendices in my Complete Book of Changes that will be available at Scribd. The SSE is a geodetic sphere consisting of 11,520 isosceles triangles. This is the total number of operations for generating all possible hexagrams in the Book of Changes. Thus SSE is a precise 3D model of the entire Book of Changes in the shape of our wonderful planet. Thanks, and you and your mom keep taking great photos. Douglass A. White
Countries driving on the left or right / indonesia
In Indonesia traffic drives on the right side.
- According to  and the article right- and left-hand traffic, this is not the case. If you have a couple of reputable sources that support Indonesia driving on the right, please add them to that article and make a note at File talk:Countries driving on the left or right.svg. Cheers, --bdesham ★ 20:44, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Third Eye Blind
Dear Benjamin D Esham,
I have used you photo of Third Eye Blind on my blog. The Link is here:http://thegunkeewrites.com/?p=573
Best regards, Gunkee
Used your image
I used your image for an article I wrote for Associatedcontent.org. Here's the link, Associatedcontent.org/jamienakamoto Thanks so much! -Jamie
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 08:06, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Ogg page header structure (en).svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Convert to SVG and move to Commons.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Crosswalk styles (en).svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Hello, I would like to use your photo of a chrysanthemum for a post on Chrysanthemum Day at Every Day's a Holiday) Thanks! - steve
using image: statue of King Alfred, Alfred University
I am creating a one-time use certificate to hang at the university to commemorate their commitment to become an LED University, switching out old lighting technology for energy efficient LED lighting. Want to use your image including King Alfred statue, please. Will include photo credit as you request.
may I use it? Thanks, Denise
- Hi Denise! Please feel free to use the photo; you may credit it to "Benjamin D. Esham '10". Thanks! --bdesham ★ 04:34, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
chat bubbles svg
Used your chat_bubbles.svg for my web store here:
Hello - I used your image...
...of Paternoster Square on my facebook blog. It can only be see by my 76 friends and of course I've credited you. Thanks for uploading it - a great image. Brian fillis email@example.com.
Used your image
Hi, I used your image for an article about Kim Possible Adventure on Associated Content. Thank you.